Hacking USB LOADER 1.4

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--=ZerO=-- said:
palasx said:
and did anyone figure out if rev10 installs as 249 or 250 or both or whts up with that??

Wanin does say it installs as both 249 and 250... 250 is a backup of the CIOS
to have something in backhand if Nintendo tries to fix 249 out.

Where did he say that?

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
delta123 said:
1.4 fixes my SMG problem. works perfect on it. was having problems with the US version of SMG freezing near the beginning on my Japanese wii. but not it plays through. i can finally delete my Japanese version of the game.

this version fixed the problem with super mario galaxy 2nd cutscene freeze with usd desktop external drives (like WDmybook)
yep, no more freeze! tnx waninkoko!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still doesn't fix problems playing PAL games on an NTSC console.

Back to hungy's build.
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
Standard Template (The one I use has several layers mind you, that way i can easily put any images and mirror effects in there, change colors, txt, etc etc. I have alot of these done for various apps/emulators. If you want a look at some (I have MANY more than whats on photobucket), here's my photobucket album

Troy,

Im not sure if you can edit the background on that WAD or not , but if you can could you try this one please ?

bg.png

and for the wad could you use :

USBLoader-banner.jpg

USBLoader-icon.jpg

If thats at all possible
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
TroyTheZombie said:
Standard Template (The one I use has several layers mind you, that way i can easily put any images and mirror effects in there, change colors, txt, etc etc. I have alot of these done for various apps/emulators. If you want a look at some (I have MANY more than whats on photobucket), here's my photobucket album

Troy,

Im not sure if you can edit the background on that WAD or not , but if you can could you try this one please ?

bg.png

and for the wad could you use :

USBLoader-banner.jpg

USBLoader-icon.jpg

If thats at all possible
biggrin.gif

LOL! Thats the one i used to use.

Sure, i can change the wad banners (I'll clean em up a lil, they are pixelated),

but the usb loader background, eh, i'm still trying to get the hang of compiling, so that's a maybe. also, its the wrong layout for wanikoko's usb loader. it has to layout the same way as this-
background-1.png

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone tested to see if with 1.4 and rev10 that we can get USB devices such as rockband to play on it or MIC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:

Sure, i can change the wad banners, but the usb loader background, eh, i'm still trying to get the hang of compiling, so that's a maybe. also, its the wrong layout for wanikoko's usb loader. it has to layout the same way as this-
background-1.png

Feck yes - didnt really take a close look at the 1.4 loader ... grrrrrrr
Ill do up another one that looks like that tomorrow.
I tried putting the background.png into usb-loader and it didnt work. so not sure whats up there.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
piratesmack said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
palasx said:
and did anyone figure out if rev10 installs as 249 or 250 or both or whts up with that??

Where did he say that?

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Apr 12 2009, 03:07 PM)
Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support.

IOS250 is just a CIOS backup for precaution (if IOS249 gets corrupted or uninstalled).

WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1899932

Think it's thougth mainly as security feature for SM4.0 users...

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
--=ZerO=-- said:
piratesmack said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
palasx said:

Where did he say that?

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Apr 12 2009, 03:07 PM)
Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support.

IOS250 is just a CIOS backup for precaution (if IOS249 gets corrupted or uninstalled).

WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1899932

Think it's thougth mainly as security feature for SM4.0 users...

theres a few people already looking at trying to get EXT2 working for the file system , mainly because we cant store the images on the HD in its present format and it would be handy to keep the images on the same drive as the game - would make a wad like the one there amazing if everything was also on the HD or SD card with the game on it
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
TroyTheZombie said:

Sure, i can change the wad banners, but the usb loader background, eh, i'm still trying to get the hang of compiling, so that's a maybe. also, its the wrong layout for wanikoko's usb loader. it has to layout the same way as this-
background-1.png

Feck yes - didnt really take a close look at the 1.4 loader ... grrrrrrr
Ill do up another one that looks like that tomorrow.
I tried putting the background.png into usb-loader and it didnt work. so not sure whats up there.

I'll still build the wad for ya, give me a few minutes to clean up that pic.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
Thats very lazy of me with me being an admin on wadder and all.
Im just up to my neck on other things , and need sleep too - thanks.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djtaz said:
theres a few people already looking at trying to get EXT2 working for the file system , mainly because we cant store the images on the HD in its present format and it would be handy to keep the images on the same drive as the game - would make a wad like the one there amazing if everything was also on the HD or SD card with the game on it
biggrin.gif

I think he just is meaning the "official" version of the loader will never see support of another FAT.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm trying to install Twilight princess (retail) onto my USB Flash drive through the USB Loader 1.4 (using cios rev10), and it's taking FOREVER. Like, it took it about a minute then it said .14 percent done with an hour and 55 minutes left. When I used v1.1, it took about 5 minutes to install. What gives?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
TroyTheZombie said:
Thats very lazy of me with me being an admin on wadder and all.
Im just up to my neck on other things , and need sleep too - thanks.

I ended up redoing the banner altogether, short of using the hard drive from the other one (Cleaned up mind you) They are really crisp now, no text pixelization (these pics are slightly due to being uploaded on photobucket)

USBLoaderAlt-1.jpg

Usbloaderalt2.jpg

USB Loader 1.4-YABA for djtaz.wad
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mntyztyyiz

Bronzodiriace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmmm
Under cios rev 8 I was able to play Online with guitar hero metallica.
Now under cios rev 10 I can't play online.

I have a Nintento Lan adapter.

Is this a bug of cios rev 10?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS...