Hacking USB loader 1.1 with video mode patches

snkngshps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a WAD for this yet? I found a thread that had a 1.1 video mode patch WAD but I got an error every time I tried to install it.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Hi WiiPower,

I'd like to compile a version of your loader that forces 480p on PAL instead of 480i - if I understand it correctly, the changes required for this should be minimal, but can you point me to the location of the code I need to modify? I have read the code, but I'm not really that much into libogc... am I correct in that I only need to modify something in apploader.c or is there another code that must be changed?

EDIT: WiiPower, please don't bother replying. After going through the source code again, I believe that my request would require more than a simple change. At the moment, it's just not worth the trouble. 480i works just fine...

sjeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Helsionium said:
Hi WiiPower,

I'd like to compile a version of your loader that forces 480p on PAL instead of 480i - if I understand it correctly, the changes required for this should be minimal, but can you point me to the location of the code I need to modify? I have read the code, but I'm not really that much into libogc... am I correct in that I only need to modify something in apploader.c or is there another code that must be changed?

EDIT: WiiPower, please don't bother replying. After going through the source code again, I believe that my request would require more than a simple change. At the moment, it's just not worth the trouble. 480i works just fine...

what is your problem?

i think ntsc 480p = pal 480p and standard usb loader is region free...

you shouldn't have any problem

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Helsionium said:
Hi WiiPower,

Do you get color problems with NTSC games? I always thought progressive video modes just work with both regions.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiipower, can you help me out real quick. I want to change the background on your ntsc force loader. So I change the background successfully and i compile and it outputs a dol. But when i run a game with the dol it comes out black and white. However, when I had used the "USB-Loader_v1.1-NTSC480i.dol" that came with your package, that same game worked fine (prefect colors).

So all I am doing is changing the background image and recompiling. What am I doing wrong? Thanks alot, your dol is great.

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to above poster for changing the subject but WiiPower I was wondering if you could make a dol to force Pal 60? I have an Ntsc wii and the only way I can run my copy of "New Play Control" Pikmin is using this video option.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bluebird12 said:
Wiipower, can you help me out real quick. I want to change the background on your ntsc force loader. So I change the background successfully and i compile and it outputs a dol. But when i run a game with the dol it comes out black and white. However, when I had used the "USB-Loader_v1.1-NTSC480i.dol" that came with your package, that same game worked fine (prefect colors).

So all I am doing is changing the background image and recompiling. What am I doing wrong? Thanks alot, your dol is great.

I only added the source for one of the versions, seems it was the PAL one. To change from PAL to NTSC you have to search "TVEurgb60Hz480IntDf" and replace BOTH with "TVNtsc480IntDf".

QUOTE(Ilive2frag @ Apr 3 2009, 05:32 AM) Sorry to above poster for changing the subject but WiiPower I was wondering if you could make a dol to force Pal 60? I have an Ntsc wii and the only way I can run my copy of "New Play Control" Pikmin is using this video option.

The PAL one is force PAL60.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi wiipower,

I used you toyR7 and it worked with 480i and patches, so thank you very much.
At the beginning I a could not get it to run (would start the process and then would hang on ES_ something successful - can remember 100% ), then I realized that softchip87R does the same thing even with NTSC games. Finally I figured out that was my USB stick. For some reason if my USB stick is plugged in would not run. I just want to mention this to you as you may have an idea why this may happened and it may help others.

I have a question anyway: What video codes should I be changing in a PAL game (this particular game has codes in 19 places) to get it to run in NTSC 480i. I extracted main.dol with wiiscruber and I used wiipatcher for video modes but I am not sure what should I change. Thanks again for your toy.

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
bluebird12 said:

I only added the source for one of the versions, seems it was the PAL one. To change from PAL to NTSC you have to search "TVEurgb60Hz480IntDf" and replace BOTH with "TVNtsc480IntDf".

QUOTE(Ilive2frag @ Apr 3 2009, 05:32 AM) Sorry to above poster for changing the subject but WiiPower I was wondering if you could make a dol to force Pal 60? I have an Ntsc wii and the only way I can run my copy of "New Play Control" Pikmin is using this video option.

The PAL one is force PAL60.

Oh really? Cause I tried your Pal dol twice and my tv says "mode not supported", but it works with Pal 60 using the Gamma Launcher.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunslinger said:
So with this DOL You are able to Play on your PAL wii NTSC Import games with USB loader, right? Thanks, if so!

PAL games works well on NTSC console , not sure the other way but it should. Just give it a try...

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.4U. So far, this is the only way which allows me to play Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 PAL. I've used GeckoOS, Gamma Loader, with different settings; none yielded positive results.

Thanks WiiPower.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a PAL Wii with 4.0E using the of course the PAL loader
wink.gif

-Guitar Hero Metallica NTSC-U works in colour
-Captain RAinbow NTSC-J works in colour
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom NTSC-J works in colour

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NTSC wii my tv is 1081i hdtv...
Now when i try and play raw smack 09 it plays in black and white will this fix that problem
also when i play MLB2k9 it sticks on loading screen is this the glitch that it needs the game to play

well when i tried this it worked but when i tried the WAD the USB loader it did not fix the black and white any thoughts

is there a wad for this Dol?
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...