Usb issues with my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RealBrew, Oct 13, 2016.

1. RealBrew
    OP

RealBrew Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    United States
    Hi all, long time lurker, but actually need some help, so I joined. So the issue I'm having right now is that none of my homebrew apps are reading/seeing that my usb is there. I have verified that my usb is indeed formatted as fat32. I've re installed the latest d2x cios's, according to this. Everything installed correctly, and produced no errors what so ever. I've had this issue with WiiXplorer, Fce Ultra GX, and VBA GX, and USB Loader GX, with all of them being up to date. I'm not new to the wii homebrew scene, but I haven't encountered this before. Any help is appreciated. Just let me know what to do, and I'll report back with the results.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Is it a flash drive or HDD? If it's a HDD make sure you're using a Y-cable if it's bus powered and try a different cable in case it's bad. The drive also needs to be MBR, not just FAT32 and no hidden partitions on it.

3. RealBrew
    OP

RealBrew Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    United States
    It is a flash drive both of them, which have worked in the past with this same Wii. I've had to repurpose them recently, but I can use them just for my wii again. They both work within the homebrew channel itself, and I can see the apps on them just fine. It's when I'm running an app off of them is where the problem arises. I'll check to make sure that they are mbr and no hidden partition on them real quick.