Hacking USB Channel using Hermes' cIOS (IOS 222)

Linuks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there!

There are a lot of channels and apps which are making them easily. Sometimes we can choose the loader, enable ocarina... and other things.
But is there a way to make a USB Channel using Hermes' cIOS ?
That would be great because I'm using IOS 222 instead of IOS 249. USB Loader GX or µLoader can use IOS 222, so is there any "game channel" version of those loaders ?
Thanks in advance.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
you mean is there a channel for either of those apps instead of loading them through the homebrew channel?

i know that usb loader gx comes in wad form, but even better would be installing a forwarder channel, then you can update it much easier than hunting down a new wad every release.

sorry if this isnt what youre after, as i dont really understand what youre asking that well.

Linuks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know there are forwarder channels but they uses IOS249 and I want know if it is possible to make them using IOS222 instead of IOS249.
Sorry if it wasn't understandable and thanks you for the answer.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
im still not really sure what you mean. have usbloader gx on your sd/usb, set it to use hermes cios (222 or 202) instead of waninkoko's cios (249), and install a forwarder channel to it.

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your also slightly confusing me as anything that loads straight from uloader itself will just use cIOS 222 as default unless you configure it not too. Personally I would say just use uloader!! It might not be the prettiest but in my opinion it's by far the best loader and has frequent updates to fix and bugs. I've never had to mess about with a games setting, including SSX, Metroid and Ghostbusters with uloader. They just work!!

Check out this thread and see the last few posts: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155086

Jose has created a uloader channel for uloader 2.4 which loads uloader as an actual channel directly from your Wii (doesn't load it from your SD card) Or you can use it as a forwarder which will launch uloader from your SD card so you can choose to manually upgrade uloader as and when you prefer rather than wait for a new channel release as uloader does get updated quite often.

Hopefully this helps, unless your after something which creates banners for the games on the actual wii system menu and uses cios 222, in which case I don't think there is.

Linuks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I'm already using µLoader and I'm looking for a game channel forwarder based on µLoader (or any loader that can use IOS 222).

It's a channel that loads µLoader and then directly launches the game, there is no menu.

I know those channels exist (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145609) but they are based on a loader that uses IOS249 instead of IOS222.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all.

New to the forum and have done alot of reading prior to my 1st post.

Big thanks to this community and Waninkoko.

For many reasons I prefer to launch my games via creating a game shortcut channel with tools like Loadstractor & Yaulct.

I have installed

Bootmii in boot2
Preloader
cios 38 rev 13 in IOS 249 (for compatibilty for newer games)
Hermes 36 merged with 38 in IOS 222 (for compatibilty equilvant to Wanin's 36 rev 10)

Currently all of my game shotcuts wads were made with loadstructor, cloader.

but Monopoly for example locks up and pauses mid game with cios 38 but it didnt with cios 36.

So consequently i would like to make a wad now for Monopoly loading IOS 222 (Hermes Cios, 36+38) instead of Wanin IOS 249 (CIOS 38 rev 13).

Questions
1) Does anyone know of or where the easter egg is in Loadstructor is to load with IOS 222 instead of 249 (was mentioned in the official theread here in GBATemp, but it hasn't been tested.)
2) is there a crap loader (no menu, direct boot) that i can drop into the loader folder of loadstructor dir and edit loader.ini and load a game with IOS 222 (hermes Cios 36 merged with 38 or 36 alone.
3) Is there a list of other programs like these availble? Google is tough because searching for the obvios terms returns results also for usb loader shortcuts and forwarder channel (not want i want)
3) What about loading alt-dol with these tools.
4) I tried Yaulct, load IOS 222 dol, but that doesnt work, If there is a game in the disc drive it boots that and with no game in the disc drive I get error returned 10, press key to restart. Same result if i instal hermes default 36 byitself to IOS 222.

Any Insight on this would be very helpful and appreciated.
Please coorect me if you think i missunderstood something (has been a bity confusing LOL.

Thank you all for your hard work on these projects and sharing them.
yaypsp.gif

Linuks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
democracy, I'm looking for the same thing but people here don't understand :\
I also tried YAL and it tries to boot a DVD in my drive... :\

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe you need to change the source of any autoboot.dol to use the cIOS you want, cause the channel can use any IOS (doesn't matter) but you want the launcher itself and the game run under cIOS222, so need to find the source of your desired .dol (cLoader by example) and then change one tinny number to 222 instead of 249, then compile and use it to pack your game channel...!!!
smile.gif

Go to the "Loadstructor" thread on the "Loaders" section and ask the coder to give the source of his autoboot.dol, then use his Loadstructor tool to create your channels...!!
wink.gif

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you ether2802 for the response.

I'll try to pm the coder for help.

Got your response to Linuks, thank you. Im going to ask Cluster for help

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
you mean is there a channel for either of those apps instead of loading them through the homebrew channel?

i know that usb loader gx comes in wad form, but even better would be installing a forwarder channel, then you can update it much easier than hunting down a new wad every release.

sorry if this isnt what youre after, as i dont really understand what youre asking that well.

The official Usb Loader Gx Chanel IS a forwarder it loads from UsbLoader_GX i think that was the patch at any rate the GX tyeam released a official dol forwarder i use it
wink.gif

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
democracy/linuks,

If either of you find a way to construct a channel that uses cIOS 222 to load a USB game, please post how here. 222 is the only cIOS that can access my hard drive.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a glimpse of hope for me as I viewed the cLoader source code by Cluster here: http://code.google.com/p/cloader/. Cluster uses this for his Loadstructor app. There's a place in the code to select either cIOS249 or cIOS222, but when I modified the code to select cIOS222, then created a channel for a game, the loader just would not recognize the wbfs drive. When the code is unmodified (cIOS249), it works fine.

So if anyone with some insights into how to modify this code to use cIOS222 properly, I'd appreciate a hint.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Possibly you should base it on kwiirk's original loader (YAL)
since Hermes's cios is based on kwiirk's cios...

But dunno how gx and such handles that, they seem to support both...

ps: by the way this already suggests that if you use a loader that's using IOS 222, like Crap's YAL loader, you should already get the functionality... though this is only in theory...

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing that I wish YAL has is Ocarina. I'll have take a look at YAL.

WiiCrazy,

I noticed that in your Crap v1.52, you have your own mod of Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5 with Ocarina. Is this loader open source? And how easy (hard) is it to get this loader to work with cIOS222?

Thanks

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
wiiNinja said:
The one thing that I wish YAL has is Ocarina. I'll have take a look at YAL.

WiiCrazy,

I noticed that in your Crap v1.52, you have your own mod of Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5 with Ocarina. Is this loader open source? And how easy (hard) is it to get this loader to work with cIOS222?

Thanks

First question : of course it's open source since the base is GPL, just I was lazy to release the sources since they were not as I wanted them to be... (I released the sources for other loaders that I modified by the way)
here 1.5 loader: http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/USBLMulti.rar

Second question : I have no idea, since I didn't give it a go... just I remember kwiirk's 222 and 249 were not compatible if you used both on one type of loader (kwiirk's or waninkoko's). But of course later waninkoko may have switched to kwiirk's way of using wbfs.... dunno, one should examine gx's sources how they handled hermes's or kwiirk's cios... if they kept waninkoko's code intact then yes you can use this along with 222 or 249..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD