XP
Country
United States

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I just use a cheap aliexpress cable and use it on my old usb 2.0 port to prevent the switch from getting too much power?

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: naddel81

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can I use android NX loader with a USB-C OTG and a micro usb cable?
Well, the OTG should be on the Micro USB end. Otherwise the Switch will be the host and your phone will be the client, and it probably won't work.
The OTG adapter should always be plugged into the device that's acting as host. Having it the wrong way around may work in certain cases (just a guess), but in this case both the phone and Switch are capable of acting as host and the cable arrangement is the only thing deciding which one is host.

Reactions: fagnerkof

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These cords are like four dollars next to the register at CVS. They'll charge your switch hella slow, but I'm assuming most people here aren't using it for that purpose anyway. But go ahead, order a ten dollar cord off Amazon and wait two weeks. Some people on here who think they are technically-inclined may in fact be technically-retarded.

Reactions: danny08

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these cords are like four dollars next to the register at CVS. They'll charge your switch hella slow, but I'm assuming most people here aren't using it for that purpose anyway. But go ahead, order a ten dollar cord off Amazon and wait two weeks.

What are you talking about? Amazon takes 3-5 days to ship and 1-2 days for prime users. People may opt to spend 10 dollars more on a cable rather than spend 200 dollars more for a new switch...
Some people on here who think they are technically-inclined may in fact be technically-retarded

What is it you are getting at exactly?

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. The only USB-C cable I currently own is from my old OnePlus 2 phone charger. I've already used it once on my Switch to try out the
Fusée Gelée payload and it worked fine, but it also had a pink screen for a few seconds when I tried to reboot it if that means anything. It still works fine after that but after doing some research on that cable I've found out that it is type-C 1.1 and uses a 10kΩ resistor instead of a 56kΩ resistor. I did buy the phone a couple years after release so I don't know if I got a revised cable (doubt it). That being said do you think it is dangerous to use it for the Switch to run coldboot exploits from now on and I should purchase a new cable?

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. The only USB-C cable I currently own is from my old OnePlus 2 phone charger. I've already used it once on my Switch to try out the
Fusée Gelée payload and it worked fine, but it also had a pink screen for a few seconds when I tried to reboot it if that means anything. It still works fine after that but after doing some research on that cable I've found out that it is type-C 1.1 and uses a 10kΩ resistor instead of a 56kΩ resistor. I did buy the phone a couple years after release so I don't know if I got a revised cable (doubt it). That being said do you think it is dangerous to use it for the Switch to run coldboot exploits from now on and I should purchase a new cable?

Is it type C to C, or type A to C?

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most phone manufacturers are USB-IF compliant armed with the new knowledge of the 56k ohm pull up resistor rule; however, if you are unsure, you can always buy a new cable tested by Benson Leung:
Interesting. After more googling I saw that Benson Leung himself is the one that reported that my OnePlus 2's USB cable specifically is dangerous to use with other devices. "According to Google Engineer Benson Leung, the OnePlus Type-C USB cables do not comply with the specification and are potentially dangerous to use with some devices." He also mentioned that it's not good to use for devices that use fast charging. I don't use the cable to charge my Switch. I only planned to use it for delivering the payloads from my PC. Do you think that's still dangerous? I'll probably buy a new one just to be safe though.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. After more googling I saw that Benson Leung himself is the one that reported that my OnePlus 2's USB cable specifically is dangerous to use with other devices. "According to Google Engineer Benson Leung, the OnePlus Type-C USB cables do not comply with the specification and are potentially dangerous to use with some devices." He also mentioned that it's not good to use for devices that use fast charging. I don't use the cable to charge my Switch. I only planned to use it for delivering the payloads from my PC. Do you think that's still dangerous? I'll probably buy a new one just to be safe though.

I believe that decision is ultimately up to you. I can only warn people away from unregulated cables. You are not guaranteed to brick your switch right away with an unregulated cable, but each time you plug it in you are playing a game of chance.

If it were my decision personally, I would spend a couple bucks for a safe cable over buying a new switch / battery.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,
Reactions: ThirdEyeCx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!