"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This amazonbasics cable is USB-IF Certified
AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB-A Male 3.1 Gen2 Cable
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B01GGKYS6E

Will this work with switch? It is 5V, 3A rated and USB 3.1 instead of 2.0 mentioned in the first post.
Should i go with this or USB 2.0 cable?

That's the cable I ended up purchasing for my Switch and it works fine. (Someone in the questions asked if it has a 56k ohm resistor. Someone replied no but I'm not sure if they were just guessing.) I attempted to run a few tests on the cable using my Pixel but wasn't able to find anything that supported it. I haven't constantly charged it with that cable as it charges slowly. (And with the power adapter two feet away it wouldn't make sense to do so.)

Reactions: scary_dog

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableCreat...0805&sr=8-1&keywords=cablecreation+usb+c+to+A alternative, sorry amazon auto changes to uk, but should be similar priced in the US. the cables are a little stiff, but I think they are likely to last a long time with that being the case, I use one of their usb C extension cables my self. creationcable was also one of the companies to pass some google engineers "will this blow my device up or not?" research into usb C cables.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my cable is from a Brand named Piranha.....it is specially made for switch
397518_2.jpg

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you recommend an Anker cable which is a shady chinese cable?

I mean you're always going to have risk with anything that is third party, but I personally haven't had any issues out of Anker cables. They had a recall on a batch of cables a few years ago but that's the only one that I know of and that's not unheard of for any company. Granted I haven't used their cables with my switch but that's because I use my note 8 cable so there is no need. Not everything from china is crap, the Nintendo switch itself is manufactured in china.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean you're always going to have risk with anything that is third party, but I personally haven't had any issues out of Anker cables. They had a recall on a batch of cables a few years ago but that's the only one that I know of and that's not unheard of for any company. Granted I haven't used their cables with my switch but that's because I use my note 8 cable so there is no need. Not everything from china is crap, the Nintendo switch itself is manufactured in china.
I didn't say everything from China is crap. Big majority is but there are also some quality products. What Im saying is, I dont trust Amazon companies who buy no brand 0.1$ cables and then put a sticker with a random name on it claiming its top shit.

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my cable for example is legit. i got it from Media Markt (MM is not in all countrys if u dont know it)....its an electronic store (for those who dont know MM).....for Wal Mart i am not sure

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
my cable for example is legit. i got it from Media Markt (MM is not in all countrys if u dont know it)....its an electronic store (for those who dont know MM).....for Wal Mart i am not sure
I didnt say its not legit. I said that it doesnt neccessarily support switch 100% (that being the 56kΩ resistor). News about this happened lately and I highly doubt that the 3rd party manufacturers knew about this before the meltdown with those 3rd party docks.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most people at my work use Anker products. (Mainly their USB hubs. Our work laptops are Chromebooks so they only have three USB ports. One of which is already taken by our ethernet adapter.) They're actually not bad at all and going off of their average product reviews it seems as though most buyers are in agreement. I even see in a few reviews where they sent quick replacements out for defective cables. Kinda wish I purchased that one over the Amazon Basics cable now.

Reactions: Peabutt

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say everything from China is crap. Big majority is but there are also some quality products. What Im saying is, I dont trust Amazon companies who buy no brand 0.1$ cables and then put a sticker with a random name on it claiming its top shit.

I know you didn't say that, I didn't mean to imply that you did say that, sorry if it came out that way. I just know there are some people who do think that everything that comes from china is junk. You are not wrong though, people need to be really careful about buying things from china because there are a lot of fake or junk products from there and rebranding crap is a huge issue. But I personally though haven't had issues with Anker cables.

Last edited by Peabutt,
Reactions: fatsquirrel

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didnt say its not legit. I said that it doesnt neccessarily support switch 100% (that being the 56kΩ resistor). News about this happened lately and I highly doubt that the 3rd party manufacturers knew about this before the meltdown with those 3rd party docks.
i know what u said. i meant that the cables who says for Switch should have 56k transistor (my english is not perfect thats why i couldnt describe it propably)

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people at my work use Anker products. (Mainly their USB hubs. Our work laptops are Chromebooks so they only have three USB ports. One of which is already taken by our ethernet adapter.) They're actually not bad at all and going off of their average product reviews it seems as though most buyers are in agreement. I even see in a few reviews where they sent quick replacements out for defective cables. Kinda wish I purchased that one over the Amazon Basics cable now.

They are pretty solid cables, I have probably had about three or four of them over the years with no issues other than the normal wear and tear stuff. The guy who founded the company was a senior software engineer for Google, if that means anything to anyone here, and he was running the company out of California but then moved to China to be closer to the supply chain.

Last edited by Peabutt,

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i know what u said. i meant that the cables who says for Switch should have 56k transistor (my english is not perfect thats why i couldnt describe it propably)
My bad I misunderstood you.
Yes I agree with that. Probably so far, noone cared and thought itll work either way. :)

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its alright..... you cant expect that my english is perfect....xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i only have to wait for my RCM Jig.....then everything is perfect

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the downside of my Switchcable is .....3M...why so long?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine