Hacking USA 3.2 Update

A

alucard_xs

what it would be interesting to try is after updated to 3.2, what about the 3.1J update of the super smash bro ?

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to redo the 15 percent trick to get my DL copy brawl to work again, after the update.

This is good. I will do the 3.2 update right before I pop in the US copy of Brawl, since this seems to wipe the Japanese update out.

If only we could go into the Bios of the Wii itself and see if there actually is any remains from the Japanese update itself... Although I supose homebrew will be able to do that with the Zelda Bios bug thing that they seem to have found...

The 15% trick with Brawl, do you Really have to do it again after the 3.2 Update on any console?
Thats redicilious... although I supose it's overriding the JP copy.
I think it's best not to update to 3.2 right now because if we do the 15% again, we are once again, putting code from a japanese firmware update onto the European or American console, and we're not gaurenteed that Brawl will have an update in the US or Europe, although I presume it will have some form of update, hopefully not new protection stuff for us Wii Key users.
frown.gif

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess the 3.2 update will be the same thing thats on the SSBB US release.

Remeber how Nintendo had all those issues with the update going weird and people thinking it didn't work on their Wii? Perhaps this was a way to at least lower the number of people complaining by giving it out to everyone who is hooked up to the net.

Also I thought it would fix my dual channels from the SSBB-J update but it didn't...oh well.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if thats the case then it's fine, but if we were to do the 15% trick again, it'd be riskier than last time as there may not be a E or US update for quite some time (Possibly with Brawl?) after todays firmware update.

I'm going to stay at 3.1 until someone verifiys that this is OK when the US version of Brawl comes out.

Apakarta

Trophies
XP
Country
i'll w8 too...cuz im going to try ssbb ntsc version on my pal console....and i donno what the 3.2 update do to the 15% trick

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used the 15% trick, and everything worked correctly, I'm not going to update my Wii because it works correctly with brawl, I'm going to wait for the NTSC-U version of the game to be released before updating to 3.2E and trying the 15% trick, again.

I hope Brawl for NTSC-U wii does not have an update.

klyick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'm thinking you didn't do the USA 3.2 update on a pal Wii, unless you hacked the internets somehow....

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh dude theres a 3.2E aswell.
And sorry Shorty, I'm not going to try it till it gets investigaited, wish I could help you.

Although, Check your wii internet connection settings, it may have been affected? Mine were affected from 2.(lastest) to 3.0 with SMG.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried it with the Brawl wifi?
Or even Pokemon Revolution or something?
It may just be that software you have...?

Alerek

OP
Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a US Release Wii with a WiiKey, and did the 15% update to play DSBX, and I updated last night with the new 3.2 update. Don't let that message scare you. Everything works just fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol