US Release Groups

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Raven Darkheart, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2009

US Release Groups by Raven Darkheart at 3:47 PM (1,578 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Raven Darkheart
    OP

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    goups like xpa, venom and oneup have been [articularly slower compared to their european counterparts...
    have the groups gotten smaller or are there other factors at play here???

2. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    Most european version have the english version (actually all of them xD) so to me it doesn't really matter who dumps what first

3. iNFiNiTY

Member iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Americans are generally lazy and useless and don't go out of their way to help the scene like europeans do, despite their games being cheaper

4. Raven Darkheart
    OP

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    the number of U releases have been lower as of the past quarter and the old groups have left the scene already

5. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Yep, that's it 100%. It can in no way, be attributed that money is scarce here, it's hard to get/keep a job, and games are expensive. But of course, it's just cause we're useless.

6. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    There's a much bigger crisis in many Europian countries than in USA.

7. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Didn't say there wasn't. Everyone is stuggling, and maybe it's 'cause of this global recession that release groups are having issues? But nah, us Americans are just useless. [​IMG]

8. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I am finding this whole lack of US release groups a little troubling. For a start Phantasy Star Zero doesn't have a set EU release date as far as I'm aware, so if the US groups don't get hold of it I can't play for a while by the look of things. Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands doesn't have an EU release at all, so it's a US rom or no game at all for me. The EU Lego Rock Band isn't due til the end of the month.

Before anyone asks why I'm not dumping the US roms, check the flag. I'm English. Kinda difficult for me to get hold of US games. Especially in my current financial situation that makes owning a flash card pretty much essential to playing any games at all.

9. iNFiNiTY

Member iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yes, it is. Generally you download the most games and contribute the least, europeans mostly run the scene and do all the actual work while americans do fuck-all.

Theres never any 'factors at play' other than the fact about 5 people dump all the USA games total, and when it gets to a busy time surprise surprise they don't do them all.

Btw you are pretty stupid if you think Phantasy Star Zero isn't going to get dumped quickly. People are talking about shit like LEGO ROCK BAND. Would you want to buy and dump that game? no you wouldn't, and thats why its not done. its certainly not anybodies priority to be using their time and money to dump some of this absolute shit that comes to DS

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Dsi-and-DS-Lit...-Zero/~r341599/

WOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR YOUR FREE GAMES.

THIS IS AN ATROCITY.

I'LL ALERT THE ITO.

11. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    I'm just gonna go ahead and close this topic since this kind of topic never seems to end well.
    That, and for my own sake, I don't want anyone to say anything that will genuinely tick me off. [​IMG]

People have it so good these days. Just a few years ago if you didn't have money then you sucked it up and didn't play any games for a while.
    Now people seem to have the luxury to not only complain when a game they plan to download for free isn't available the day of release, they also seem to be able to complain about the region of the release.

I can understand there may be valid concerns or semi-legitimate reasons, but a bit of patience goes a long way. Especially when you surely have better or more important things to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.