US Private header for EU roms?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chaoticlogic, Dec 2, 2015.

1. chaoticlogic
    OP

chaoticlogic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    I've read that any header can be used for any region rom. That said:

For the life of me, I can't get this working. I've tried everything. I have a US 3DS and an EU 3DS, and my PH works fine on my Sky3DS (injected from NBNS) on my US console, but not on my EU console with EU roms. Any ideas? I've tried everything I can think of.

2. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Anyone? :( Are they're different template files for EU than NA?

3. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    You can use any private header.

4. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    What is private header?

5. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm not sure why it's not work then. I've tried everything (different chip id's, different templates, checking my roms, making sure I extracted and injected it correctly) but no dice. Possible that the header is just bad? Or would the game even run if it wasn't genuine? I've also backed up saves of games with the header and it was indeed injected, just get the no online error.

6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I've used the same header with all my roms since I first got my Sky3ds, and I've not had an issue with any of them - EUR, USA, JPN roms all work fine with the same header.
    *header from EUR Shinobi cart on EUR n3dsxl and EUR o3ds, used with a selection of templates over the past 7-8 months or so.

Are you using NoBanNoSky to replace the header for all roms in the template (recommended) or are you altering headers on a per-game basis?

Last edited by duwen, Dec 3, 2015
  7. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    All at once. I got it working one time with smash and mk7 but then I added Mario golf, and then all stopped working. I'm hellbent on getting this to work haha. I know it's not the micro SD card either as my old header works fine on it. So weird!

8. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Is it possible to have a bad header? PH extracted from the same game (Steel Diver) but from another copy of it. One works with NA and EU roms, one doesn't work at all. I'm sure I injected it correctly.

9. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    How was it extracted (powersaves, gateway, etc), and how was it injected?

10. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Powersaves. Same way I did it with the other. Injected with NoBanNoSky.

11. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Same method I use - never had a problem.
    I read somewhere on here that on occasion a couple of bytes in the header can get replaced with different values - have a read through the powersaves private header tutorial thread to see if that may be the issue (although I wouldn't have thought that would cause the problem you've got).
    Sorry I can't offer any sort of solution.

12. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    No worries whatsoever! Thanks for the help. I've tried messing around with everything haha. May just get another copy of Steel Diver. I got one that was pre-owned from Gamestop for $3, don't know if that has anything to do with it...it shouldn't, but you never know.

13. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Update, got it working with a different header. Thanks for the replies.

14. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Well, pre-owned means there -might- have been someone else who used it for its header.
    So, even if it worked, there's a possibility you might get banned using it, if someone got its header to use it and sold it back.

15. chaoticlogic
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    This is a possibility, but I'm taking my chances. I'm not too worried about it at this point.