URSCHEAT.DAT havent been Updated?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Princess Rozalin, Feb 13, 2010.

Feb 13, 2010
  1. Princess Rozalin
    OP

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    last Update was on Dec 8 2009.Im not Complaining just Wondering why no Updates for the Cheat Database so far?

2. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
  3. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    Thats a Suprise I always Check on the Official Release didnt know there was a Tempoary onne -.-

I keep that in mind Thank You very much.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    LOL, there will be another update by tonight [​IMG]
    adding some new games

happy lunar new year

5. Princess Rozalin
    OP

United States
    WOW Councidence today i Post this Topic and the New Cheats are Updated Today.

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Probably because nothing is coming out of much interest. Does anybody out there require cheats so desperately for M&M Adventure?

If a major game hit tomorrow after long anticipation, there would probably be a database update the following evening.

7. elixirdream

Malaysia
    because i am having holiday [​IMG]

anyway, i will try to update the temp database once a week and what dib said is true [​IMG]

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    As far as I'm concerned, if Narin can't update the dat in a timely manner anymore, he should pass the task to elixerdream. elixerdream is exceeding the criteria I had when I passed the task to Narin when I was in the same position as Narin is in now, that is, too busy with real life to deal with the dat. We won't even get into the fact that all I did was add codes that other people made, I never created any codes myself. To be honest though, I never even tried to learn to create codes.

Nothing against Narin in any way, shape or form, he took the dat to a level of greatness I never could and we all owe him a debt of gratitude for the work he has done, but since he's gotten busy with real-life and has no time to update anymore, elixerdream seems like the obvious choice to be the next "cheat master".

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

9. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    elixirdream
    a mistake I made once too

+1 for elixirdream as cheat master

10. Rayder

United States
    Heh, I typed the name once and copy-and pasted after that....I burned myself. DOH!

11. elixirdream

Malaysia
    thanks for the recognition but i would not take any credit from Rayder, Narin and the rest..
    it should be you guys inspired me on doing this [​IMG]
    the reason i was here was Narin...
    i still remember he used to being bombarded by people for this and that...
    therefore, i decided to step in and help..

helping Narin allowed me to make lots of new friends from the forum...
    furthermore, the success of our DB is a collective effort...
    so if you guys want to thank me.. then it is better you guys send your gratitude to all code hackers [​IMG]

what am i doing here is just a trust and bond among my friends [​IMG]

anyway, forgive me.. if you guys find the way i deal with some people are being very harsh. Temp update is uploaded

12. Rayder

United States
    My problem is I'm sorta anti-social, or more accurately, a social misfit who prefers to be one of the people working in the background who does stuff for the community when I can. Forums are something I consider a safe-haven where no one actually KNOWS me and I can speak my mind without worrying about the repercussions overly much. GBAtemp is a special kind of love for me. I only started creating cheat dats because I saw a need for such a thing and working with R4CCE was ridiculously easy (thanks to Yasu [​IMG]), so I started conglomerating codes into one big dat on my own time and freely gave it out to the members of GBAtemp using my own personal webspace. Obviously it caught on big-time, much more than I ever anticipated. When I started catching flack for "stealing" codes, people requesting certain codes and complaints, I didn't know how to handle it because of my lack of internet social skills, code creation and mediating with the people who had issues with the dat. The dat quickly went over my head into areas I knew nothing about. I am nothing if not honest. I started looking to people who actually knew how to create the codes that were in the dat, or people that at least had a better understanding of how the codes actually worked, and/or someone who was more socially adept at netiquette than I was. But again, my social skills hampered me and I had no real idea who to pass it to that I could trust to do a good job at maintaining the dat. Then I got a job which eliminated all the time I dedicated to copy/pasting cheats. Things got out of control really quick trying to keep up, I was forced to watch for the first person to do as good of a job of creating dats as I felt I was. That person was quite apparent to be Narin. Well, to be honest, there were others before Narin who's names I won't mention because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at this point, but the very first person I tried to pass it to was not friendly enough to member's demands/requests/critique to successfully continue the dat. I pulled the under-handed move of having my personal cheat dat hidden as a secret click in my sig. That person found out about it and was very upset that I pulled such an unethical maneuver against him and he just handed the task back to me out of disgust. I felt like such a dick. But at the time, I felt I had no other recourse for maintaining a certain amount of modicum a person that maintained the dat must have to continue the dat as I originally intended.

Since I know squat about actually creating codes (never tried to even learn), and my first choice failed, I became overwhelmed with requests, demands and the insistence that I remove certain codes, etc. that it very quickly became apparent to me that I was WAY over my head and was bringing far too much attention to myself, which I didn't want. I had to find someone to take over that was not only net-savvy, but had a better understanding of the general "netiquette" of forums and the creation of cheat codes. After much watching and waiting (and starving people for a dat from me), that person turned out to be Narin, who proved to be the best backup to what I was doing at the time. Narin took the dat to true greatness by creating cheats.gbatemp.net and I was very pleased with my decision of the next "cheat master". Heh, I even accused Narin of being a "ringer" to take over the dat....he seemed too almost perfect for the job.....but that was just some kind of weird paranoia on my part. Anyway, now Narin is too busy with real life to continue the dat the way I intended it to be, which is to be updated AT LEAST once a month, if not weekly (I updated on a daily basis). Personally, I feel he is letting down the community by not updating or passing the task to someone else since he can no longer continue the dat in an expeditious manner. Please don't look at that statement as being negative towards Narin, because it's not, he's epic in what he has done for the dat, but real life has hindered his ability to continue maintaining it.

At this point, I see exilirdream to be the next person worthy of taking over the dat, since Narin can't really continue in a timely manner anymore. But see, when I handed the dat to Narin, I only made a couple suggestions (no WiFi codes, remove certain codes that were questionable (aimbots, for example) or requested by the creator to be removed without announcing it to the publlic, so as not to cause unnecessary complaints), otherwise, I gave full discretion to Narin as to what he did with the dat. So really it's up to Narin who will be the next "cheat master" after him.

But still, I feel elixirdream is "da man" now. Not only does he create codes himself (and a butt-load of them at that), but he is consistently updating the dat for all of us to enjoy right now. So like I said, he should be the next "cheat master" in my opinion. But it is ultimately Narin's decision.

Sorry for the "wall of text", but I felt that needed to be said.

elixierdream, don't underestimate yourself. you ARE truly worthy of the task.

13. Robj1969

Newcomer Robj1969 Member

United Kingdom
    silly question but which file in the Temp Cheat Database relates to the AK?

14. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    All you have to do is update the AKAIO wifi plugin. The updated wifi plugin will download updated cheats from Narins official databse or elixirdream's temp database depending on which you select, all from within AKAIO so no messing around.

15. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    AK cheat file

16. Robj1969

Newcomer Robj1969 Member

United Kingdom

i updated wifi plugin and now when i try to update anything get white screens.......EDIT deleted new wfplugin.ak4 file and replaced with older version and all ok now.

will update manually from now on

17. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I get white screens too, but only once the update is complete. Just turn the DS off and then back on.

To download cheats from the tempDB: after downloading the updated WiFi plug goto Wifi Update, for "File to Download" select "Show on Load" and press A, and then under cheats it will give you the option to download from the "Official Site" or "Temp DB".

I just tried it on mine and it sucessfully downloaded TEMP_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip 1705KB dated Feburary 13th, 2010. Apart of course from the white screen when it goes to reboot the DS after finishing the download.

Checked it was OK by putting the SD card in a card reader, and the USRCHEAT.DAT does have GBAtemp_Temp Update 2-13-10 in the header. So it updated fine.