Hacking URL Filtering on Pace 5268ac

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I am sorry for the question that has been answered I am sure 100 times over but I didn't find any for my MODEM/ROUTER... Since I don't have a 3rd party router I don't have a lot of options. I can do MAC Filtering but I was hoping I could keep the internet access....

Thanks.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just do this...
Code:
Use TubeHax DNS!! This will still allow you to use internet if you want, and only blocks Nintendo's update servers. It is ran by smea, who is very reputable in the 3DS hacking scene.

Set up TubeHax DNS on your Wii U:
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/Connect to the Internet

2. Input your router's SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)
3. Input settings as follows:
IP Address: Auto-obtain
DNS: Don't Auto-obtain
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)
Note: This will leave you unable to access YouTube
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Note: This should make your Wii U fail to connect to the internet if TubeHax fails, though it's not confirmed.

And I don't worry about this part?
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well with tubehax my wii u say error when check update. I can play online with no problem.

I hope tubehax will hold wii u for downloading update.

Another interesting thing when power down my wii u the led keeps red. Before its turn orange its meaning was downloading the update

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use a proxy such as ccproxy or the proxy that's hosted on reboot.ms (it's a forum, the proxy was made specifically for blocking automatic updates) It's said to use this instead of tubehax DNS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I explained in the other thread, reboot.ms proxy is not filtering the same URLs than TubeHax DNS.
Tubehax DNS allows you to play online and download game updates or eShop games, but block system updates.
reboot.ms proxy blocks ALL eshop access and online gaming.

Plus, reboot.ms is not secure if you care about your data and privacy. please, for your best interest, do not use their proxy.
We shouldn't suggest users to use dangerous solutions.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I explained in the other thread, reboot.ms proxy is not filtering the same URLs than TubeHax DNS.
Tubehax DNS allows you to play online and download game updates or eShop games, but block system updates.
reboot.ms proxy blocks ALL eshop access and online gaming.

Plus, reboot.ms is not secure if you care about your data and privacy. please, for your best interest, do not use their proxy.
We shouldn't suggest users to use dangerous solutions.
Hey @Cyan would you direct me to the thread were it shows how to use the Tubehax DNS? Or is it as simple as the...
Code:
UseTubeHax DNS!!This will still allow you to use internet if you want,and only blocks Nintendo's update servers. It is ran by smea, who is very reputable in the 3DS hacking scene.

2. Input your router's SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)3.Input settings as follows:
IP Address:Auto-obtain
DNS:Don't Auto-obtain
Note: This should make your Wii U fail to connect to the internet if TubeHax fails, though it's not confirmed.

THANKS.

al3x1980

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to highjack the thread but is there a way to block just my wiiu with my tomato firmware. I have been trying to find a tutorial googling but nothing has come up for me. Still using turbohax dns but blocking sites locally as a fallback plan?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey @Cyan would you direct me to the thread were it shows how to use the Tubehax DNS? Or is it as simple as the...
Code:
UseTubeHax DNS!!This will still allow you to use internet if you want,and only blocks Nintendo's update servers. It is ran by smea, who is very reputable in the 3DS hacking scene.

2. Input your router's SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)3.Input settings as follows:
IP Address:Auto-obtain
DNS:Don't Auto-obtain

THANKS.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

1st post, search for
How do I block updates?

Edit.
My mistake, I didn't realize that you already quoted from that post

but IIRC TubeHax is 107.211.140.65 not 107.211.140.065
the latter does not respond to DNS request, but it might still be able to block update because of connection timeout

Last edited by Garou,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
107.211.140.65 not 107.211.140.065
both IP format are the same thing. it's the same server.

Or is it as simple as the...
Yes, it's that simple. Edit your working network setup and just enter the DNS IP manually into the wiiu setting.

Still using turbohax dns but blocking sites locally as a fallback plan?
first, it's not "turbo", tubehax refers to "youtube hack".

If you want to block URLs locally as a fallback plan, you can add the filtered URLs into your router. (if your router let you filter websites based on URL wildcard)
if you can't use your router's filtering feature, the other local solution is to use a proxy. I don't recommend relying a on DNS+proxy solution same time thinking you have two protection, because it's wrong --> you have only ONE protection.
When you enable the proxy in WiiU settings, the WiiU stop using its own DNS settings and rely on the proxy to provide internet access.

DNS : the wiiU use the DNS settings.
Proxy : the WiiU use the proxy settings.
DNS+Proxy : the WiiU use the proxy settings.

If you want a dual protection, you need to setup the DNS settings inside the network connection used by the proxy (your computer need to use tubehax DNS!)
But if your computer use tubehax DNS, you won't be able to access youtube.com because it's part of the hack to redirect youtube to a homebrew file to hack the 3DS.

Choose wisely and know/understand what you do and how the console works.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan
107.211.140.165 doesn't respond to DNS requests, 107.211.140.65 does.

Maybe someone made a typo at some point and it got copied a lot?

tubehax DNS does NOT block the cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net domain currently.

Code:
DNS server handling your query: 107.211.140.65
DNS server's address: 107.211.140.65#53

Non-authoritative answer:
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net canonical name = star.cdn.nintendo.net.edgekey.net.
star.cdn.nintendo.net.edgekey.net canonical name = e10534.g.akamaiedge.net.
e10534.g.akamaiedge.net canonical name = user-att-107-211-136-0.e10534.g.akamaiedge.net.
Name: user-att-107-211-136-0.e10534.g.akamaiedge.net
Address: 23.210.42.58

(also note: 107.211.140.065 may not work. Some applications will interpret it as an octal number (065 octal = 53 decimal))

edit: Possibly the incorrect DNS server (.165) is helping people access browserhax due to a long timeout when the browser tries to check whether an update is required?
Dunno if it's true, but when I tested using http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php, it yields different results though

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
165 is wrong.
65 and 065 is the same. (on wiiu at least)
you can type 65, it will appear as 065 anyway in the settings.

like he said "Some applications will interpret it as an octal number", I guess on computers when you try enter this IP in a program it can interpret it as octal number.

Just type the IP without leading zero, the device will write the IP correctly the way it likes it.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the DNS of Tubehax (107.211.140.065) but when I enter in KLOTH by Webkit of the Wii U, it say:

DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com canonical name = nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net.
Name: nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net
Address: 174.35.71.7
Name: nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net
Address: 174.35.71.8

Why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went to kloth website and saw the "localhost" is part of their default values.
Using localhost as DNS server is probably using their own server (not your wiiu) like stated on their website "we will try with our own if you don't know". I guess they mean "if you don't enter a DNS server ip".
try to replace it with the tubehax DNS IP.

Also, to see if it's correctly filtered, you can try to load youtube.com, it will display a white page if it's correctly filtered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)