Hacking Upgrading to 4.5 sysNAND

DarklyKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys, I've already did some research here, I just want some reconfirmation before I proceed with anything (In case I screw up), so here goes my questions:

1. As I read a thread here, a user claimed that he successfully updated his 4.2 sysNAND to 4.5 sysNAND using Luigi's Mansion 2 ROM. Here I quote from a user name Reecey,

"Thanks RJ yeah sorted it did rom Luigi's Mansion 2, FW 4.5.0 on it, updated via GW mode but without the Emunand GW3DS done and turned wifi off,"

and

"Yes you can update via rom just do it as I said up top but you need to be on normal GW mode Firmware not on GW3DS Emunand Firmware to update. Yes also the Luigis Mansion 2 update should scroll across on the top screen on the bottom to let you know of the update."

I want to reconfirm that is it possible to do so? I was about to try until I thought about some bricking possibilities..

DarklyKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm actually having random freezing problems whenever I'm playing ROM, but everything went well if its in .cia files. It happened during 9.2, I downgraded to 4.2. I read somewhere here that another user with same setup as me managed to fix the freezing problem after he upgraded to 4.5.
I tried everything, format emuNAND & sysNAND, exfat or fat32(for microsd), replaced to a class 10 cards and make sure its not fake with h2testw, but the freezing still keep on happening. So I thought I would wanna try this last method, if not then I'll go with using .cia

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know simce I don't have one.

But you could go to gamestop, pick a crappy game with 4.5, update and return it when you are done... Having in mind you have one near of course :D

That way you are sure there won't be any brick risk.

DarklyKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't really know simce I don't have one.

But you could go to gamestop, pick a crappy game with 4.5, update and return it when you are done... Having in mind you have one near of course :D

That way you are sure there won't be any brick risk.
Sadly, I live in a country where everyone favor Playstation and Xbox more :( Of course there's shop selling 3DS games/console, but I can't just go and 'try' their game (wanted to do this but better not haha) so it came back to updating by ROM. Which I'm waiting if anyone could guide me somehow..

DarklyKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You can get full update packages in that iso website, you could update using rxTools Dev Mode or miniPasta and sysupdater...
Ohya, I read about that here in the rxtool guide thread at the how to use autoboot but needs to be 9.2 section and mention the same thing you said! I will look into it too, thanks man!

UPDATE: Unfortunately they only have 4.5E and not the U region. Welp

UPDATE #2: Welp found it while reading the whole thread, now just waiting for reconfirmation as the OP didn't update it on his main thread

UPDATE #3: Successfully updated my sysNAND to 4.5.0-10U using the rxTools tutorial. Big thanks to @Tony_93 for pointing it out! :)

Last edited by DarklyKnight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: