Hacking Upgrading MicroSD after CFW

kaylapuppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just completed the CFW upgrade using the guide at 3ds.guide. Everything went smoothly.
My question is this. I current;y have a 32 Gb microsd, and wanted to upgrade to 64 or 128.
What size will the 3ds support, and is it as simple as just transferring everything from one card to the other ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some have used up to 256GB without a problem and 64-128GB is commonly used. Just do a regular file copy from the old to the new and pop it in.

Adding to what @cracker said.
(1) If you are upgrading to a 64 GB card, make sure to format it as FAT32 and cluster/allocation size of 32 KB.

(2) If you're upgrading to a 128 GB card, first try formatting it to FAT32 and cluster size of 32 KB. Check that themes with Anemone3DS, load times, VC GBA games, nds-bootstrap, etc. works.

- If you find that Home Menu loads up too slow, your game stutters during play, and/or your Virtual Console GBA games have graphical glitch, copy everything off your card again. Reformat the 128 GB card with FAT32 and 64 KB. Copy everything back onto the SD card. The homebrew devs will not recommend 64 KB as it supposedly breaks compatibility with certain apps, so just keep this in mind.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Hucz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8