Hacking Upgrading HDD and more

ManuelKoegler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, been out of the loop as far as ps3 hacking is concerned (and I was never really in it actually), need some help if anyone would be so kind.
I’ve currently got a PS3 Phat 60GB PAL model that’s been gathering dust for a year or more so.
Given that Demon’s Souls servers are going to close down within 2 months, I wanted get it up and running again.
After yesterday replacing my only controller(of which likely the battery had died as I couldn’t charge it) I wanted to make use of the PS3, however it seems to freeze in the XMB 9/10 times around 30 seconds after boot up. Read online it might be a good idea to replace my HDD so ordered one which will arrive tomorrow.
Now for the questions, how do I go about replacing my current one? Haven’t really found a concise guide for it concerning CFW.
It’s got Rebug 4.80 REX. I don’t really care for my save files so if that further complicates things feel free to leave them out of the equation.
Also, what essential homebrew and/or plugins would you recommend as I’m not really familiar with them. I plan to use my main account as I like earning trophies so any instructions to minimize ban risk would also be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do I go about replacing my current one? [...] I don’t really care for my save files
Remove the one you have, insert a different one, turn on the console, wait until it gives up trying to load date, and agree to format it :)

While (since it's a nand console) the operating system is not on the hdd, you might want to reinstall cfw from recovery while you're at it, just in case the issue is there...

Also, what essential homebrew and/or plugins would you recommend as I’m not really familiar with them. I plan to use my main account as I like earning trophies so any instructions to minimize ban risk would also be appreciated.
I personally just use Webman Mod, among the 100 other features it includes history wiper and syscall disabler (open xmb and press r2+triangle until the beep before connecting to PSN, turn off autologin of course since it must be done again after rebooting)

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Remove the one you have, insert a different one, turn on the console, wait until it gives up trying to load date, and agree to format it :)

While (since it's a nand console) the operating system is not on the hdd, you might want to reinstall cfw from recovery while you're at it, just in case the issue is there...
For now I have just opted to update to official firmware, format, change out hdd and install official again, haven’t been banned so I guess all traces are removed. I can easily go back to CFW thanks to the 4.82 exploit, and will do that once I’m done with Demon’s Souls.
I personally just use Webman Mod, among the 100 other features it includes history wiper and syscall disabler (open xmb and press r2+triangle until the beep before connecting to PSN, turn off autologin of course since it must be done again after rebooting)
So I wouldn’t need PSN Patch and/or PS Ninja if I started using webman mod?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, been out of the loop as far as ps3 hacking is concerned (and I was never really in it actually), need some help if anyone would be so kind.
I’ve currently got a PS3 Phat 60GB PAL model that’s been gathering dust for a year or more so.
Given that Demon’s Souls servers are going to close down within 2 months, I wanted get it up and running again.
After yesterday replacing my only controller(of which likely the battery had died as I couldn’t charge it) I wanted to make use of the PS3, however it seems to freeze in the XMB 9/10 times around 30 seconds after boot up. Read online it might be a good idea to replace my HDD so ordered one which will arrive tomorrow.
Now for the questions, how do I go about replacing my current one? Haven’t really found a concise guide for it concerning CFW.
It’s got Rebug 4.80 REX. I don’t really care for my save files so if that further complicates things feel free to leave them out of the equation.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/converting-a-psn-game-into-a-retail-game.440380/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs