Rik80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Before i start, i am well aware of the numerous guides available over the web, i am however writing this post as i have had no success thus far follwoing those guides

I am running a switch on atmosphere, with an emmuNAND on partition

I am using a 256gb micro sd card, nearing its max capacity
I wish to upgrade to either 512/1TB card

I have followed a few guides, this being the latest
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...witch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/page-3

However, i simply cannot get any ro work, or some seem to work then crash once i start adding more nsp.

I have been using various tools; HDD raw copy tool, Ease partition, Minitool partition, Disk genius etc etc

I followed one guide where i cloned the 256gb card, then put this image on to a new larger card, adjusted to the partitions so they were in the correct order, and it did manage to work as should, but upon adding a few more nsp, it then crashed on a BOOT 0 error or similar

I tried the process using the link above, using Emutool, but the file formats it produces dont even match my current RAW back ups etc, so dont even know where to begin with that!

Simply put, although many people will simply say, search it your self, follow this guide etc....
Im politely asking if someone would simply take my hand and actually guide me through it, or what they actually did, step by step, in clear english (no offence to those who wrote guides in english that is not their first language)

Any help appreciated

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a dumb question, but did use hekate or I believe sxos has an emunand setup option to setup the partitions first, and then do the copy (technical overwrite) and adjust? When is upgrading and moving PC Operating Systems, it does warning you that the drive may not boot if you move the partition. What you trying to do is very similar to this.

Rik80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a dumb question, but did use hekate or I believe sxos has an emunand setup option to setup the partitions first, and then do the copy (technical overwrite) and adjust? When is upgrading and moving PC Operating Systems, it does warning you that the drive may not boot if you move the partition. What you trying to do is very similar to this.

Im using hekate
However, i did manage to set up a 512gb card, and it worked fine, booting in to atmos etc. all games worked, tinfoil etc. However, once i started to down load more games, thats when the error occured.
Black screen, mentioning something like BOOT 0 error. Press power to reboot. However, pressing power just refreshed the error screeen. I had to remove the sd card, then put my old 256gb card back in and then press reset. After which it booted automatically back in to atmosphere.

I have read lots of posts about how people have successfully done it, but of the few processes i've tried, it simply doesnt work.

I have read it maybe to do with the 'code' start point for where the partition is on the sd card being different from that of the 256gb card, but im not great with this type of thing. Granted, i hacked my switch myself, but this was a few years back and a lot has changed, and im quite rusty, hence why i have struggled with the crad upgrade

charachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually just did this the other night. Followed this guide, and it worked for me. Went from AT 10 to AT 18, FW 10.2.0, a 128 GB card to a 512 GB one. Existing games all work, and stuff I added after works too.

Migrating emuMMC to a new SD Card - Birb's Switch Guides (gitbook.io)

You may have to reinstall Atmosphere and change your auto boot setting in Hekate to use Fusee Primary instead of EMUMMC, that's what got my games working again. Use the AIO patcher to get the fusee sigpatches too.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you already tried with an image tool, the "old" SD card to make an image
and then to the "new" then enlarge the partition with AOMEI Backupper.
The partition must be "activated !

https://www.aomei.de/download.html

https://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

This was how I swapped my card over, made an image of the original SD and burned it to the new SD card.

I used win32diskimager which I have used loads of times to burn raspberry pi images to SD.

I can't remember the method I used to expand the partition but Ive used aomei in the part & gparted boot image.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi

Before i start, i am well aware of the numerous guides available over the web, i am however writing this post as i have had no success thus far follwoing those guides

I am running a switch on atmosphere, with an emmuNAND on partition

I am using a 256gb micro sd card, nearing its max capacity
I wish to upgrade to either 512/1TB card

I have followed a few guides, this being the latest
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...witch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/page-3

However, i simply cannot get any ro work, or some seem to work then crash once i start adding more nsp.

I have been using various tools; HDD raw copy tool, Ease partition, Minitool partition, Disk genius etc etc

I followed one guide where i cloned the 256gb card, then put this image on to a new larger card, adjusted to the partitions so they were in the correct order, and it did manage to work as should, but upon adding a few more nsp, it then crashed on a BOOT 0 error or similar

I tried the process using the link above, using Emutool, but the file formats it produces dont even match my current RAW back ups etc, so dont even know where to begin with that!

Simply put, although many people will simply say, search it your self, follow this guide etc....
Im politely asking if someone would simply take my hand and actually guide me through it, or what they actually did, step by step, in clear english (no offence to those who wrote guides in english that is not their first language)

Any help appreciated
Test your card with h2testw https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Rik80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used birbs method and works fine
Tried aomei and various other similar methods and failed each time
Did test sd card prior to performing

Thanks to all who offered help

Ak3107

Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
I used birbs method and works fine
Tried aomei and various other similar methods and failed each time
Did test sd card prior to performing

Thanks to all who offered help
Can you give me pls the method that worked?

switchme

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
It was probably h2testw.
I think the OP gave up. I don't think he found a working method. (His 'works fine' message I think was referring to the SD card checking out and 'working fine', but he then follows with all the methods he tried (on his working sd card) that didn't work.)
Hard to say for sure, as his message was confusingly worded, but that's what I think he meant.

BuffaloAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I think the OP gave up. I don't think he found a working method. (His 'works fine' message I think was referring to the SD card checking out and 'working fine', but he then follows with all the methods he tried (on his working sd card) that didn't work.)
Hard to say for sure, as his message was confusingly worded, but that's what I think he meant.
You should watch this guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?