Hacking Upgrading and Downgrading....? (Gateway)

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a legit copy of Super Smash Bros, and want to play it online. So I wanted to know if I could just update my 3DS (New 3DS XL 2015). My 3DS is currently on 9.0.0-20U.

I know there's a downgrade option available for the Gateway, as long as you make a SYSNAND backup.
Would downgrading have any downsides to it? Will it work with any FW?

D

Deleted-236924

Downgrade doesn't work on N3DS. It's for O3DS-only. The GW one that downgrades you to 4.2, that is.
You can update your 3DS to play your game online but you would need a hardmod to flash the nand backup back to it if you wanted to return to 9.0
Why not just use emunand? There are plenty of spoofs available to access the eShop even if you are on 9.5 emunand, you can download the updates and play online just fine I believe.

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, glad I asked. Could you link me to these spoof methods? I haven't followed this modding scene that closely.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Remember to never update because hardmod is difficult i have a bricked 3ds with a sysnand backup but there is no one to do the hardmod for me and send it to someone is expensive

thebib62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to update my emunand, I just get a black screen and have to format my emunand.
What's the easiest way to get the update file for Super Smash bros, so I can play online?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to never update because hardmod is difficult i have a bricked 3ds with a sysnand backup but there is no one to do the hardmod for me and send it to someone is expensive

The hardmod is not difficult unless you can't solder, than your screwed I guess. Other than that, it's not hard at all.

D

Deleted-236924

When I try to update my emunand, I just get a black screen and have to format my emunand.
What's the easiest way to get the update file for Super Smash bros, so I can play online?
You can't have an emunand above 9.5 on N3DS.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/
(this looks to be a bit outdated though, I know there's a better method of doing it but I can't find the thread anymore.)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-new-method-for-spoofing-e-shop-007-2404-on-10-0-emunand.402129/

Last edited by ,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried asking a lot of people but they say that the hardmod is difficult because they need to weld little cables on the 3ds and things like that
Solder, not weld... it's really easy, the pads are nice and big unless you've got an original 3ds, then the clk line is a pita to get to... otherwise it's super easy. This coming from someone who's done it and a DSi NAND mod (which is ridiculous compared to the 3ds version)

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Solder, not weld... it's really easy, the pads are nice and big unless you've got an original 3ds, then the clk line is a pita to get to... otherwise it's super easy. This coming from someone who's done it and a DSi NAND mod (which is ridiculous compared to the 3ds version)
its an original 3ds
sorry for the weld part i never use that word and internet is not helping me

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Various parts of the world they call soldering "welding" same principles I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup