Hacking Upgraded DSi Firmware by accident, now not working?

immortalce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So presently my sister was using my DSi and upgraded the firmware for me. I don't know what verison this is [is it still 1.4?] and I don't know how to check it, but now my AK2i is not working.
I recently upgraded to AKAIO 1.5.1 - about a week ago - and it was working fine. I was also thinking that it would bypass the DSi's block. Oh, and if anyone's interested, here's what my DSi says when I boot up my AK2i:

"An error has occured. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I'm going on a trip for my March vacation, and I'd really like a quick fix for this. Anyone know anything?

EDIT : I've looked around and heard about this 'DP' update thing, and I do have extra DS's at hand. Is it just put it on the AK2i and press 'a'? Or is it more complicated than that?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the FW update from here which is from this thread. Once downloaded extract the files to your MicroSD card.

For updating a single cart ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new should be used. Because it doesn't require the cart to be ejected and reinserted, there's less chance of anything going wrong.

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new it takes you straight to the firmware update screen

IMG_3122.JPG

Press start and the update is complete it gives you the following message:

IMG_3121.JPG

Power off the DS.

immortalce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to you guys, my AK2i is now working as if this whole mishap never happened.
Thanks to everyone who helped!
biggrin.gif

And when I updated, it doesn't say AK2i anymore - it shows a picture of another game cart. It's working fine, though, so hopefully it's all good.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
immortalce said:
...I've looked around and heard (*read*) about this 'DP' update thing...QUOTE(immortalce @ Mar 2 2010, 12:59 PM) ...it shows a picture of another game cart. It's working fine, though, so hopefully it's all good.
Well, given your OP stated 'DP' thing, it's clear that the Danny Phantom icon was to be expected (I'm certain no post anywhere would say 'DP' without an explanation)
blink.gif
And yes, all flashcarts updated to work on DSi consoles running 1.4 firmware have the 'DP' thing.

D

Deleted-236924

Dark^'^Knight said:
immortalce said:
...I've looked around and heard (*read*) about this 'DP' update thing...QUOTE(immortalce @ Mar 2 2010, 12:59 PM) ...it shows a picture of another game cart. It's working fine, though, so hopefully it's all good.
Well, given your OP stated 'DP' thing, it's clear that the Danny Phantom icon was to be expected (I'm certain no post anywhere would say 'DP' without an explanation)
blink.gif
And yes, all flashcarts updated to work on DSi consoles running 1.4 firmware have the 'DP' thing.

No.
DSTTi has Star Wars.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
immortalce said:
blink.gif

No.
DSTTi has Star Wars.
SCDS1 has Star Wars
EZ-Flash Vi has some THQ game
iEDGE has Sudoku

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well yeah, just a part of some game...

I think Nintendo is now screwed - Since they would need to block actual games (I presume - how the load now works) To stop flashcarts - and that is something they cannot just do even how much they hate pirates.

EnnEss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
Well yeah, just a part of some game...

I think Nintendo is now screwed - Since they would need to block actual games (I presume - how the load now works) To stop flashcarts - and that is something they cannot just do even how much they hate pirates.

+1 on that.
biggrin.gif

Hackers>Those Anti-Piracy Newbs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking