Hacking updating?

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys im totally new to this forums and i would like to ask a few questions please answer em as i am very scared to update my modded wii
1. Can i update my modded wii i dont know what mod chip the guy at the store used but my wii is 3.1u
2. if in case my wii is bricked can it still be fixed?how?
3. how do i update my modded wii? i dont want the 4.0u version cuz i hear bad stuff bout it
4. i want a 3.3u update without bricking or semi bricking my wii

thanks so much guys for your time and effort answering my noob questions thanks a bunch!

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to GBAtemp
smile.gif

1. yes it it's a mod chipped wii, the updates don't effect anything with mod chips. if you want to keep your home brew it would be best to install the home brew channel before you continue.

2. updating to 3.3u can be done with the official updates from the game disks. so there would be no chance of a brick but... anything can happen .... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY
***Remember to use your own region games***

3. If you don't want to update to 4.0 do NOT use the online update. I would recommend updating with animal crossing disc. that will bring you to 3.3. there are some games that will want some IOS that you wouldn't have (Sonic, NFS : undercover). need for speed : undercover has a 3.4 update on it, but if you already have 3.3 from animal crossing it will give you the new IOS need but will keep you at 3.3 (I can confer this as it is what i have done myself)

4. like before bet to use the disc you would need animal crossing city flock, and need for speed undercover. (remember to install animal crossing first.) should be safe is you not changing or patching anything. also at 3.3 you can still install home brew but currently at 4.0 you cannot, i would recommended to install it before updating, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck
Pro2oman

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you very much for answering so lemme get this clear...all i hafta do is update my wii using the animal crossing update that comes with it? so can i still fix my wii if it gets bricked?

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
with a mod chip yes but not with any loader if you do not have it previously installed..... also if you use VC games that have been installed with wad manager and not by Nintendo they will not work with the sd menu, you will also need to have a cIOS to install new wads on 4.0.
bottom line is that if all you want is to play game with a mod chip.... and nothing else go for it but if you want to use home brew (wads channels loader ext.) you need to have the home brew channel cIOS (rev 7 and up) and a patched ios 60

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, you have a hardmod
Then you can go with the official update
The official one block (almost) ALL softmod things, so if you have softmod, use waninkokos installer
The modchip should be able to recover you from bricks, but not sure with 4.0 update

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what's the difference between a softmod and a hardmod?
biggrin.gif
oh mah gah this forum thing is really helpful thanks so much guys im learning so much

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow thanks guys for all the help gosh...imma update it online right now...please pray for me i hope it wont brick my wii or anything... any last notes i need to know before i do this?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would use the official updater with cIOS installed beforehand and than just reinstall the softmod (CIOSCROP) afterwards. Waninkokos updater just doesnt update everything and ther ehave been a few reports of bricks with it, so I for one wouldn't use it.

alphatrap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to double post but i almost freakin died!!! it had an internet error and so it stopped the update,,,whew gosh all of this just to play madworld and tatsunoko vs capcom lol so if ever i fully brick my wii can i still fix it? tell it to me straight doc

Posts merged

i almost died cuz it had an error cuz the internet was like crazy and stuff,,, oh mah gah... hey what if hypothetically speaking i brick it can i still fix it?

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
umm yes i believe you can if you have the twilight hack installed or if you can still run turcha .. i believe you have to use savemiifii to load any region changer and use that ... I'm not sure on that one could some one verify?

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chart_c.png

Yes, but you'll probably need savemii or use savemiifrii

edit: okay maybe not if you're on 4.0

and I don't think you have much of a chance bricking your wii by using nintendo update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them