Hacking Question Updating to 9.1

metalpsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, i am going to update the firmware from 9.0.0 to 9.1, and i have a few questions: do i need to update to 9.0.1 first? or can i directly update to 9.1?
and is atmospheres latest release stable on 9.1?
and finally, do i need to update the files in rcm loader aswell? afaik i will just drag and drop cfw update files and then run 9.1 update on choix app is that correct?

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, i am going to update the firmware from 9.0.0 to 9.1, and i have a few questions: do i need to update to 9.0.1 first? or can i directly update to 9.1?
and finally, do i need to update the files in rcm loader aswell? afaik i will just drag and drop cfw update files and then run 9.1 update on choix app is that correct?
Replace both Atmosphere and hekate with the latest versions, then Just go straight to 9.1.0 and you will be fine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Always update the payload when you update Hekate and/or Atmosphere. Otherwise, it might have weird behavior or not work.
And if you are using Hekate as bootloader, you will also want to replace SD:\atmosphere\reboot_payload.bin with the latest Hekate payload any time you update Hekate/Atmosphere. Otherwise the system might black screen after a reboot.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

metalpsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Always update the payload when you update Hekate and/or Atmosphere. Otherwise, it might have weird behavior or not work.
And if you are using Hekate as bootloader, you will also want to replace SD:\atmosphere\reboot_payload.bin with the latest Hekate payload any time you update Hekate/Atmosphere. Otherwise the system might black screen after a reboot.

by payload you mean the files inside the rcm loader? because my pc doesn't see the RCM loader anymore.. or the payload file in sd card root?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol