Updating to 6.2

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by mikeabbo10, Dec 7, 2018.

1. mikeabbo10
    OP

mikeabbo10 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    Hi guys,

if I boot up in Ofw, and turn Auto RCM off, can I update to 6.2, play legit smash online and just not use my sxos until it updates, or will it still cause issues?
    (Ignoring possible bans)

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You can update this way (as you don't care about ban).

3. mikeabbo10
    OP

mikeabbo10 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks, will the switch just boot up as normal without the SX?

4. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Yes.

5. Rushhour77

Rushhour77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2007
    Netherlands
    NL
    "play legit smash online"
    This probably wont last long as chances of banning always exists bcs of hacking.

6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Yeah if you want to play it online for possibly 3 seconds go nuts.

7. pworld

pworld Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Austria
    If you want to play smash online so much that you don't want to wait for an SX OS update, you definitely care enough about online (I mean, you also have to pay for it) that you should definitely care about bans.
    I mean, it should probably be ok if you only used SX OS in SD-emunand and change your SD card for going legit, but still, don't complain if you can't play online for more than 1 week and your NSO subscription got worthless.

8. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I would suggest put hekate sdfiles/atmosphere on your sd card use ChoiDujour through sxos to update to 6.2.0 then use smash online until TX finishes work on the new update, that’s what I have done works a treat. If you wanted to go back to sxos 6.1.0 use ChoiDujour through atmosphere again to downgrade, it all works I have done it now several times.

Grab your firmware files from here put them in a folder on your sd card and flash through ChoiDujour it’s so easy:
    REMOVED

Last edited by Joe88, Dec 7, 2018 - Reason: Warez
  9. TheCarlough

TheCarlough Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2018
    United States
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks! I was wondering if those who use SXOS (like me - have a Pro Kit) can use another CFW until SX is updated.

Last edited by Joe88, Dec 7, 2018
  10. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Of course you can.

11. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    My biggest worry with updating officially online is it triggering tons of other updates that will remain even when going back offline, such as joy-con updates, game updates, full FW updates, etc. Not to mention Nintendo officially having your console in its tracks. I haven't taken my Switch online once since using CFW and I never get prompted for any of those annoyances. So I guess I wouldn't know for sure as I haven't experienced it, but I've seen a lot of people complain about such things turning up. /shrug