Hacking Updating softmodded Wii

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jojah
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,035
  • Replies Replies 15

Jojah

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
77
Country
United States
Semi Noob here

A friend of mine used the Softmii packed he says back in November 2008. I'm not sure what was contained in the package but he wants me to update it to the latest version. Since I'm not familiar with what was in the package I was thinking of just making the wii a virgin and just going from there. But I hear the latest wii update sucks ass. So I don't really know what to do right now.
 
Sorry I should have clarified, I'm a little afraid of reverting my Wii to virgin because I don't know the contents of the package. Was wondering if there was a way to update it with all the shit thats on it, or an easy safe way to revert the wii back to virgin I guess since it seems to be safe to do so.

Been up all fucking night had to bail friend out of jail ~_~
 
OK just to clarify i dont have to delete HBC, or uninstall any programs installed i just follow the guide?
 
Jojah said:
OK just to clarify i dont have to delete HBC, or uninstall any programs installed i just follow the guide?
update to 4.2,it will delete all homebrew,then you start the guide
wink.gif
 
bazamuffin said:
What about cIOSCORPS ? If he has softmii could he poss not end up with a brick? Should he run Da Letter A's uninstaller first?
he goes 3.6,then uninstalls from there,that should really be added to the guide
 
Jojah said:
A friend of mine used the Softmii packed he says back in November 2008.
QUOTE(Jojah @ Jan 8 2010, 01:34 PM) Been up all fucking night had to bail friend out of jail ~_~
Wow...softmodding a wii sure is illegal!
tongue.gif



As for your clarification: indeed. No need to uninstall anything. At worst, you'll overwrite what you already have.
smile.gif
 
Wever said:
Jojah said:
A friend of mine used the Softmii packed he says back in November 2008.
QUOTE(Jojah @ Jan 8 2010, 01:34 PM) Been up all fucking night had to bail friend out of jail ~_~
Wow...softmodding a wii sure is illegal!
tongue.gif



As for your clarification: indeed. No need to uninstall anything. At worst, you'll overwrite what you already have.
smile.gif

But can't you encounter probs due to the max'd out version numbers on cIOSCORPS cIOS'S? Not had much experience with it, going of what I've read in other forums. I think you do have to upgrade to 3.6 first, run the uninstaller and then update to 4.2 so you can follow Xzxero's guide
 
bazamuffin said:
What about cIOSCORPS ? If he has softmii could he poss not end up with a brick? Should he run Da Letter A's uninstaller first?


No. Overwriting his IOS offline will just remove dip patched IOS's. Iv done this countless times. Aslong as he/she/it follows the guide (ie: install ios70 and sysmenu first) he/she/it will be more than fine.

FYI: maxxed out version numbers only applies to updating officially, hence why i said do it offline via the guide.
 
bazamuffin said:
No mention of offline in this thread dude

Fairplay should have made it more explicit. But xzxeros guide starts at "updating" and tells you to download his 4.2 update package.

QUOTEI cannot stress this enough, people need to read this
one word at a time
The steps seem repetitive & similar at times, but they are not!

Guide is completely offline.
- taken from the guide itself.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted