psul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have an old version of priiloader on my wii (V2 I think) and need to update as I am having problems with the usb camera - console boots to blank screen with camera plugged in (seems to be a known issue with priiloader up to v4 from what I've read). Was planning on using v7 beta as v5 and 6 seem a bit controversial re a risk of bricking.

Do I simply replace the files on sd card with new ones or do I then need to install again via HBC?
I gather I dont need to actually uninstall the old version.

Also slightly confused re hacks.ini file.
I understand that the directory has changed but can I still use this file or do I have to use the new hacks_hash.ini file instead?
Got the impression that either file could be used but not sure about this.

Any help much appreciated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason not to use 0.7 beta 1. However, you should always make sure to delete the line no_ios_reload from the meta.xml file; this gets rid of any brick risk. In order for the Priiloader installer to work, however, you now need to have a trucha patched IOS36.

It is also recommended that you download the latest hacks_hash.ini file and put it in the priiloader directory in your apps folder.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
drewmerc said:
when i updated i just ran the updated installer from hbc
also i copied the hacks.ini to both the apps/priiloader folder and to root

I just tried to update mine from v 0.5 through the homebrew channel, it says that it updated but when I just checked in priiloader it still says v 0.5...
unsure.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stewy12 said:
I just tried to update mine from v 0.5 through the homebrew channel, it says that it updated but when I just checked in priiloader it still says v 0.5...
unsure.gif
Try uninstalling Priiloader first.

psul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys.

So I overwrite the existing priiloader files with the new ones and (after deleting the line no_ios_reload from the meta.xml file ) run the installer from HBC (yes I have patched IOS36).This will replace existing version with new one or do I have to uninstall existing version first?

Still conflicting info here re hacks.ini file. Can I still use this or does hacks_hash.ini file have to be used instead?

WiiJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to use the hacks_hash.ini. You can set the option in settings, use classic hacks.ini.
When this is set you can still use the old hacks.ini file.
I would recommend you use the new hacks_hash.ini, as the old feature will probably be removed in later versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30