Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
CAUTION Games that require a higher firmware version will also update the system to that higher firmware when using this method.

Discovered a METHOD for UPDATING outdated Games.

Currently on 4.1.0 so this might work for previous versions not sure.

Currently the game I am testing with the method I have discovered is as fallows.

Currently UPDATED NBA 2K18

Next few hours UPDATED Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Lastly I will be UPDATED Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Here is a link to the VIDEO.

The original thread was closed people did not want to give time for the release.

1. You need two switch consoles.
2. One Nintendo Switch on 4.1.0 and one on 5.0.0.
3. Hard copy of the game.
4. Updated game on updated Nintendo Switch
5. Go to game setting in homescreen/main menus of the switch on both systems.
6. Go to software update on both systems in the Game settings. NOT THE SYSTEM SETTINGS.
7. In Software update for the game choose Match Version with Local Users.
8. On the updated switch create group.
9. On outdated switch join the group created by the updated switch.
10. On the updated switch initialize communication for the update and all should go well.

Your game should now be updated on the Nintendo Switch running 4.1.0 with the help of the second Nintendo Switch on 5.0.0

Do not attempt to update these games:

1. Latest Kirby
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 version 1.3.1
3. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Version 1.09.01

All the best more details to come as they are discovered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180327-183954.png
    Screenshot_20180327-183954.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 813
Last edited by Leonidas87,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh, update sharing. Meh

Too inconvenient for those who don't want to needlessly buy 2 copies of a game, and 2 systems. Guess it's alright if you have friends or acquaintances who can help in this instance.

Last edited by Kioku,

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't show that. You showed system update ready... Meaning it could very well be on the exact same version as the other console?

I did my best in the video. If I get another hard copy game I'll make another video. I deleted 5.0.1 by going into maintanince mode but running the system connected reaches out for 5.0.1

I'm now on 5.0.1 as a result of all this.

Leave it for others to try and yourself if you'd like.

I may even be out of luck I need to test with the updated switch on 5.0.1 and the outdated switch on 4.1.0

Trying to get this info up so quick my system accidently updated. But on the other hand this should help others.

Reactions: bomigoton and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: bomigoton

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. Does migration's local update sharing not validate both consoles are on the same version? That's super dumb.

Probably legitimate, good for you OP.

Don't really think it's useful given the updated console requirement, but meh. Neat.
That's what I expected, I'm kinda surprised no one tried it before now.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
I did my best in the video. If I get another hard copy game I'll make another video. I deleted 5.0.1 by going into maintanince mode but running the system connected reaches out for 5.0.1

I'm now on 5.0.1 as a result of all this.

Leave it for others to try and yourself if you'd like.

I may even be out of luck I need to test with the updated switch on 5.0.1 and the outdated switch on 4.1.0

Trying to get this info up so quick my system accidently updated. But on the other hand this should help others.
All good, I updated all my games and I'm on 5.0, so doesn't matter to me. I'm just stating the the one thing your video didn't show was that the consoles were in fact on different versions.

Given half this forum apparently has 2 switches we should see confirmation soon.

Last edited by Soluble,

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
All good, I updated all my games and I'm on 5.0, so doesn't matter to me. I'm just stating the the one thing your video didn't show was that the consoles were in fact on different versions.

I realized that well doing the VIDEO but everyone was so anxious I was rushing almost. I did my best.

If I can figure out how to manually download my Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC I'd do a video with that game. It was working and I cancelled during the download. Second time it did not work. So word of advice to people I did cancel the transfer mid process because I decided to make the second video. When attempting again the same game did not work, Zelda.

So word of advice for EVERYONE LET IT COMPLETE.

If anyone knows how to manually force dlc download then ill have a second video testing with one system on 5.0.1 and one on 4.1.0

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting. In the end there really was truth to this theory. My hat's off to you sir. I wonder if this method works on 2.0+ (in on 2.0.0). If I can update my botw to the latest and dl the dlc I would be really happy.

Reactions: blueYOSHI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...