Gaming Updating games with "(embedded update)" cias?

DaveC1964

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that the embedded update has the whole game in the cia file ex: "Crashmo (USA) (v1024) (Embedded Update).cia". If I already have the older version installed and I want to update with this embedded update version do I need to un-install the old version first, then install the new one or can I just install the embedded update version over the old one? I want to know because it will be a hassle to uninstall everything first, then install the updated games. I would try it but I am afraid I might corrupt something by installing the same game that is already installed. I doubt Nintendo does it this way so not sure what would happen if I did it like that.

Last edited by DaveC1964,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that the embedded update has the whole game in the cia file ex: "Crashmo (USA) (v1024) (Embedded Update).cia". If I already have the older version installed and I want to update with this embedded update version do I need to un-install the old version first, then install the new one or can I just install the embedded update version over the old one? I want to know because it will be a hassle to uninstall everything first, then install the updated games. I would try it but I am afraid I might corrupt something by installing the same game that is already installed. I doubt Nintendo does it this way so not sure what would happen if I did it like that.
Installing that will delete your save

Reactions: DaveC1964

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: