Hacking Updating CIAs

ben robbins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a quicker way to update CIA games / installed games than to do it via the built in system/shop method?

Everytime I attempt to update any game via the built in method, the loading bar takes a very very long time, it takes like 2 hours or much longer for the update and im sure the file is probably only like 100MB or so.

Is there a 3rd party method, or homebrew app of downloading the updates? I'm using a 128GB sd so i have like 100 CIA or more, updating them all would take nearly a day per game, so many months.

trashfloozy

Barely learning
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.-. I assume freeShop would cause the same result.

You could download the update somewhere, put it on your SD Card l, then install it like that. But only with a CFW

ben robbins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am on lumacfw, i read some others threads via google, and someone said something intresting. They said it could be trying to grab the full game from the eshop, and a non existant update as there wasn't an update for this particular game, and when it hits 99% it will give an error.

Alot of my games show they need updates however I'm not sure how true that is. Maybe not all of them do.

trashfloozy

Barely learning
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am on lumacfw, i read some others threads via google, and someone said something intresting. They said it could be trying to grab the full game from the eshop, and a non existant update as there wasn't an update for this particular game, and when it hits 99% it will give an error.

Alot of my games show they need updates however I'm not sure how true that is. Maybe not all of them do.
You can always search the eShop FOR the update (Like Super Mario Maker) or use FBI to uninstall an update if it exists (make sure you delete tickets too).

It could be some type of install error. If there aren't any updates in FBI, then use freeShop to try and install the update though that.

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been installing updates through freeShop for a while now and the download/install speeds are infinitely superior to official eShop.

To download updates, you simply enter your list of installed titles, and find whichever missing update data you need to install and tap the "Update" button.

If you have outdated update data installed but a newer version has been released, you simply delete and re-install, both of which are done by tapping the "Update" button.

touholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
eShop can only update cia games from the same region as the console itself.When updating games from other regions,it will attempt to download the full game and give an error.
To update such games,just use freeshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough