Hacking Updating CFW .. where do I start?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Haven't used my PS3 in over an year, I don't remember anything about it AT ALL. I don't remember what CFW it has, or what I've installed to it, or how to even install.

What do I do? I want to play some games that require 4.30+ CFW and I'm at complete loss as to where to even begin.

In the guides section there was a thread about installing Rebug CFW on your PS3 but I don't know if I can follow that guide .. can I just install that CFW on top of the CFW I have right now? That guide talks about stuff I don't even understand and the last thing I want is a bricked ps3 when it works fine right now.

Also if I do update cfw can i still transfer games to the ps3 HDD over lan with FTP?

Edit: I checked my System Info and it says PS3 System: Firmware 4.65 when I'm on Multiman. Does this mean my CFW is 4.65? The games I want are 4.30+ so I won't need to update? I don't have those games yet so I can't test and I don't want to update if I don't have to lol.

Last edited by Distrance,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty striaght forward, i own several CFW PS3 myself.

There are 3 ways of doing this.

1.- GO back to 3.55 with Rogero Downgrader, then go up with any CFW.
2.- Go straight directly from ANY CFW to Rebug 4.80 using the normal install type.
3.- Go straight directly from any CFW to Rebug 4.80 using recovery mode.

Reactions: FR0ZN

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you know anything about as far as my edit goes? If my System firmware is 4.65 in the MM then am I on a CFW of 4.65? Meaning I won't need to update .. or is there some outstanding reason i should update anyways? I don't care about PSN access etc.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can run the new games without the update, like the newest release, then there's no need, latest CFW its 4.80.
Im on 4.78 without issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can also start from scratch, downgrade to 3.55 using rogero downgrade, patch the syscon to remove the 9.99 syscon info, then go to 4.80 rebug, or any of the know CFW.

Ferrox, Rebug, Habib, Cobra,Playerkp420's, among others.

You cant go wrong with rebug 4.80.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-