Hacking Question Updating botw

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch on 2.3 I was wondering if there is a way to update the game without updating the switch. If I can't no big deal just craving some Zelda "stability"

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Buy a Switch but emulate Wii U versions of Switch games on PC. Amazing logic.

The point stays the same.
So, friend of logic, you certainly be able to give us a best solution for play updated BotW without lose homebrew chance!
Tell us how to do it

Last edited by Somario,

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
So, friend of logic, you certainly be able to give us a best solution for play updated BotW without lose homebrew chance!
Tell us how to do it
Well you're not helping either.
Op is asking how to update BotW to play it on the switch, you're saying not to play it on the switch.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He only has 2 options towards his question the logic here is you can't update Switch games without updating the system if on a lower FW
It doesn't help his question in need b/c it can't be done, but there are alternatives to get the same results.
1. Spend $300+ to buy another Switch just to play updated games
2. Play BOTW on Cemu with all DLC and updates - at least it's better than buying a dead console just to play 1 game i'd say
But that's the major drawback of having a Switch on lower FW's don't expect Game updates, Newer titles or DLC support

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you're not helping either.
Op is asking how to update BotW to play it on the switch, you're saying not to play it on the switch.
My last post was not an answer for Op (to which I have already given an answer) but for sarkwalvein

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get a WiiU
You have to spend money on a Wii U and the graphics quality would be much worse.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tell us how to do it
Just update the switch. Or just don't play updated BotW.
Simple as that. You can't get the best of both worlds at the same time, learn to deal with it.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to spend money on a Wii U and the graphics quality would be much worse.
Wii U and Switch both use 1080p on the tv but the switch off tv outputs at 720p the Wii U uses 480p off tv so i guess your half right.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Buy a Switch but emulate Wii U versions of Switch games on PC. Amazing logic.

The point stays the same.
buy a switch, pay a ridiculous high prizes just to play shit pc ports made by feet on an underpowered device with loads of flaws and downgrades

Switch logic in 2017 LMFAOOOO :DDDDD

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wii U and Switch both use 1080p on the tv but the switch off tv outputs at 720p the Wii U uses 480p off tv so i guess your half right.
As I said, it's possible to add a lot of "upgrade" like 4K resolution, high quality shadows and 60 fps.

Last edited by Somario,

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
wait did i miss something or do people think botw was made for switch originally? if i recall it was scaled back because the wiiU ver and switch ver needed to be the same otherwise the switch ver would be different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs