Updating AceKard for v1.4 PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sreden, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010
  1. Sreden
    OP

Newcomer Sreden Newbie

United States
    So, I bought a dsi and an aceKard recently. The acekard worked fine but when I updated the dsi to v1.4, I didn't know I had to update my card first and the card no longer works. It brings up the error message. I read that you could run the card update throught a ds lite or ds phat. So, I bought a used ds phat form gamestop with the intention of returning it after I update my card. Well, the ds phat doesn't even recognize my card. It says nothing is inserted. I have the all-in-one software and the update all on the micro sd already. Is my card just unsolvagable or am I doing something wrong? Can you even update it through a ds phat?

Please Help!! I want to get this fixed cause I'm goin on vacation this weekend!

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I have a guide on the first page of the Acekard forum http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard What's wrong with reading that? everything you need to know is in it.

Yes you can update with a DS Phat. Check the cart slot, probably a load of crap in there or use a paper trick.

Check the DS phat will run a retail cart.

3. Sreden
    OP

Newcomer Sreden Newbie

United States
    Ok, thanks for the link to your thread. The paper trick didn't work though. I think I'll just buy a new card that already has the update but I have question about the site you linked me too. It says the card is dsi capatible. This means it has the danny phantom update right? Also, it says, "ships in 12-48 hours" does this means they ship it in two days or that I will receive it in two days?

Once again, Thanks a lot for your help!

Edit:nvm shipping is NOT 12-48 hours, I may get one from simplymods.com instead