OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I recently bought a 3DS and immediately purchased an acekard 2i in hopes that I could play older DS games while the list of 3DS games increases. The problem that I am facing is that I neither have a DS lite or a Dsi to update a blank micro sd to my acekard. I have never updated my 3DS and its running on its original 1.0.0-0U firmware.

My question is if there is a way to update the acekard on the 3ds or if a dsi or ds lite is absolutely essential.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your replys.

marcosxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem, I also bought an Acekard 2i, I tryed it on my 3DS with no luck and when I try to use it on a DS Lite (in order to upgrade) it is stuck on a black screen with blue/purple Loading text (same as with 3DS)..
I've tried a lot of things with no success (I am using a generic 4GB Microsd which is ok because I tested it with a R4i SDCH and it works)

- Format microsd using formatting tool
- Save AKAIO on root
- Save the Latest firmware upgrade (.nds files to upgrade the fw but I don't even load the card)
- Save AKAIO + Latest firmware
- Insert the AK2i without microsd
- Tried several old firmwares

Always stuck in the Loading text

The only thing left is to test it on a DSi, which I don't have access right now.

Any ideas? Thanks

marcosxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
marcosxd said:
I have a problem, I also bought an Acekard 2i, I tryed it on my 3DS with no luck and when I try to use it on a DS Lite (in order to upgrade) it is stuck on a black screen with blue/purple Loading text (same as with 3DS)..
I've tried a lot of things with no success (I am using a generic 4GB Microsd which is ok because I tested it with a R4i SDCH and it works)

- Format microsd using formatting tool
- Save AKAIO on root
- Save the Latest firmware upgrade (.nds files to upgrade the fw but I don't even load the card)
- Save AKAIO + Latest firmware
- Insert the AK2i without microsd
- Tried several old firmwares

Always stuck in the Loading text

The only thing left is to test it on a DSi, which I don't have access right now.

Any ideas? Thanks

Problem solved, the microSD is deffective in a weird way

Alex Salto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Trenchant: you must need a DS/DSi to update your acekard 2i or you should get a pre-flashed card from the seller. Can not use the 3DS do the update.

To marcosxd : At first, i thought you need to take another flaskcart and a DS to make it work again , now it is the SD card problem. xxD

Trenchant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post but just in case this information helps anyone:

UPDATE: successfully running my acekard 2i on my 3ds and set up was completed with relative ease on a DS lite. I now can successfully play ds games as well as run homebrew snes and gbc games with no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse