Hacking Updating 11.8 on new 3DS

RozeMoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been on here for a while so let me start from the beginning. I have a new 3ds on 11.8.0-41u that I home brewed with R4i+ 3DS/DS, everything works fine, I'm 99% sure I homebrewed with Luma. (it's the one with the blue star kinda looks like it's from Mario but blue). I dont want to update and brick my 3DS or update and lose all my saves. SO is there the ability to update or not? Will I lose my saves or not? Is there a walk though or something I can follow?

I know I sound dumb but I'm just tired, thanks in advance!!

logen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if your updating from 11.8 to 11.9 then do it. 11.9 is the same as 11.8 because nintendo was doing stuff with the browser, it's completely safe to update and you wont lose anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tell me if anything happened or if it was successful, if your still concerned then backup your nand so if bricked you can restore

Last edited by logen,

RozeMoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if your updating from 11.8 to 11.9 then do it. 11.9 is the same as 11.8 because nintendo was doing stuff with the browser, it's completely safe to update and you wont lose anything

tell me if anything happened or if it was successful, if your still concerned then backup your nand so if bricked you can restore
Upgrade to 11/9.0-42U no issues to report so far, everything looks good. Any changes will be reported back. Thanks!!

logen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem.
if you want more info on this kind of stuff you can use gameincanada's youtube channel as he gives cfw and homebrew updates

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so is everything working out for you?
Don't spam. She'll reply when she has time or if she encounters issues.

no problem.
if you want more info on this kind of stuff you can use gameincanada's youtube channel as he gives cfw and homebrew updates
No.
Don't. Follow. Youtube. Guides. For. Anything. Related. To. 3DS. Modding.
Please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work