Hacking Updated to KMEAW and backups doesn't work... :(

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So here is the problem. I updated my phat ps3 to KMEAW CFW and now I can't get any backups to run. What am I doing wrong? As a side note homebrew seems to work (FTP, starting the managers and such). I have tried to run the lv2patcher and nothing. Multiman 1.15 (the newest) starts, goes out to XMB and when I try to start the game it either goes black (sometimes i locks and sometimes I can exit back to XMB) or it just goes back out to XMB. Gaia (also the newest) crashes for me.

Any ideas?

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its true, fix permissions, i too was so pissed when i went to cfw and nothing worked, jst wait.. its amazing with the fix. be warned though, online play works, but sony has something to check your system files now.... scary stuff....

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sinistral89 said:
Permissions? How do I do that?

Press R1 in MM and dont use a lv2patcher before you start a backupmanager, it's already implented and could cause your problems.

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sotoro said:
Sinistral89 said:
Permissions? How do I do that?

Press R1 in MM and dont use a lv2patcher before you start a backupmanager, it's already implented and could cause your problems.
Should I press R1 each time i start the manager or what?

Doesn't work for me. Tried Katamari (black screen then exit to XMB), Gran turismo (black screen, locked once and once able to exit to XMB) and New Vegas (black screen of death)...

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no luck. Can't understand why it doesn't work. I don't wanna poke around to much since I don't have so much experience with ps3 hacking.

exorcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be helpfull if you post exactly how you updated to KMEAW CFW starting from what fw u was running before starting the update.

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
exorcist said:
It might be helpfull if you post exactly how you updated to KMEAW CFW starting from what fw u was running before starting the update.
I updated like this: 3.41 OFW -> took out my big harddrive and put in the small drive (heard data could be lost) -> updated to 3.55 OFW -> entered recovery mode to be able to update to 3.55 CFW KMEAW -> put in big harddrive
Then I installed MM and tried running it with backups. Did not work at all. Installed the lv2patch and ran it. No deal. Installed Gaia and did the same thing. No deal.

Then I did as Sotoro said and pressed R1 in MM (after I had restarted my ps3) and tried running some games. Nothing worked.

I even tried some homebrew like openftp to be sure anything worked and it worked flawlessly.

Edit:
http://psgroove.com/content.php?666-Tutori...ing-Backups-PSN I did the same steps as this tutorial. Except I downloaded a pre-made KMEAW CFW. (I have checked and it has the correct MD5 hash)

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Wait

You do know that you need an original game in the tray...

And that when you "load" a game in any backup manager, it will expel you to the XMB and your game will be loaded at the XMB, right?

Right?????

I mean, its almost impossible for someone to NOT know this, but.....I didnt, when i first installed Kmeaw
wacko.gif

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cacildo said:
Wait

You do know that you need an original game in the tray...

And that when you "load" a game in any backup manager, it will expel you to the XMB and your game will be loaded at the XMB, right?

Right?????

I mean, its almost impossible for someone to NOT know this, but.....I didnt, when i first installed Kmeaw
wacko.gif
I have a game in the console... So that's not the problem
tongue.gif
And I think gaia and MM (atleast gaia) has partiall discless loading.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Are your eboots modified in any way? I think you need originals but I'm not sure (never touched mine). Anyway try Rogero and Multiman if you haven't already. As for Fix Permissions, use the original pkg version, not whatever is bundled with Gaia.

Sinistral89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
synce said:
Are your eboots modified in any way? I think you need originals but I'm not sure (never touched mine). Anyway try Rogero and Multiman if you haven't already. As for Fix Permissions, use the original pkg version, not whatever is bundled with Gaia.
My eboot for gran turismo was modified but I changed it back to original. All of my other backups have original eboot. I haven't tried rogero, only multiman and gaia. I have tried using KMEAWS lv2patcher and it doesn't work and I have also tried using the R1 patcher in multiman, as Sotoro said. Nothing works
unsure.gif

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you have to do is delete all the game data (not your save files) then re-apply all the game updates you had before you upgraded to 3.55.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: