Updated to 1.6, now my games arent loading

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kingtomy, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010
  1. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    So I just upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6 (i never updated to 1.5). all i did was replace the old _aio file with the new one. Is there something else i was supposed to do? Cuz now when i load up my acekard, it says release 1.6 so i think it updated, but now everytime i click on 1 my my ames the screen turns white and nothing loads. I checked the laoders and its up to date. What should I do?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If all you did was replace _aio, then it's not going to work. You need to replace akmenu.nds in the root directory of the SD card.

3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    You don't mention if you changed the ak4menu.nds as well - also what acekard are you using (ak2.1 or ak2i ?)

I had some problems with my ak2i on some games - when I turned off 'soft reset' and 'cheats' the games started working.
    Have you tried that ??

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    IDK, but when I updated JUST the loader (1.5.1 on 1.6 RC1 loader) none of my games would load either, not even the online updater.

5. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Oh okay, thnx, I forget to replace the menu file

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I been told that the loaders between 1.5.x and 1.6 version of AKAIO are encrypted differently & so are most probably not compatible with each other - you can't copy a 1.5.x loader & put it in 1.6's folder & visa versa i.e you can't 'mix-&-match' between 1.5 and 1.6

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Oh, OK. I'm updating to 1.6 now anyway because of several bug fixes that annoyed me so much. [​IMG]

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this is the new clone detection in action. sorry to be the one to tell you. try running 1.5.1 which has a much friendlier clone message.

also what was said above is correct. any loader previous to the one that came with 1.6 rc1 will not work on 1.6. all future loaders *should* work unless a new encryption is added for 1.6 rc2 - 1.7.

-another world

9. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    youre supposed to delete the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds off the MicroSD then put the new files dont paste over the old ones or you will just get white screens...