Hacking Updated switch via “Match Version.” Did I burn a fuse?

MovingxTarget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to play smash with my friend locally, it said I had to match versions.

He was on the latest update, I was on 6.1.0 updated via Choi so no fuses burnt!

I figured it was patching my game not the whole system LOL.

Basically I think it updated my console by taking the update from his switch via Bluetooth.

He wasn’t connected to the internet, nor was I.

It restarted. I still have on Autorcm so it won’t boot.

Did I screw up regarded fuses? Wanted to keep 4.1.0 fuses. I’ll test to see how many fuses are burnt when I get home and have access to a computer, I’m just curious.

Thanks!

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought if the switch updates it removes autorcm...
If you really kept AutoRCM, then it wouldn't have burnt any fuses because it was never able to actually run Ninty's bootloader.

MovingxTarget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought if the switch updates it removes autorcm...
If you really kept AutoRCM, then it wouldn't have burnt any fuses because it was never able to actually run Ninty's bootloader.
That’s good news. I’m trying to boot my switch now but it won’t turn on.

I guess it just updated the game?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If your switch won't turn on - keep your finger on the power button for about 12 seconds, then let go. Then press power again and it should turn on.
Sometimes if you turn the switch off and then quickly try to turn it on before giving it time to turn off properly - the software crashes and Turns on (but shows a black screen - but doesn't look like it's on), so holding power for 12 seconds - turns it off again and lets you boot normally.
I've encountered this problem a few times myself.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your switch won't turn on - keep your finger on the power button for about 12 seconds, then let go. Then press power again and it should turn on.
Sometimes if you turn the switch off and then quickly try to turn it on before giving it time to turn off properly - the software crashes and Turns on (but shows a black screen - but doesn't look like it's on), so holding power for 12 seconds - turns it off again and lets you boot normally.
I've encountered this problem a few times myself.
It's not turning on because they have autoRCM :P

MovingxTarget

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: So my switch was updated to 6.2.0 but the fuse count was still at 5. It would only boot when I would send a payload, but then never boot CFW.

It would boot OFW after failing to boot CFW.

I have no idea why it did not burn fuses.

AutoRCM was definitely on cause the switch was refusing to boot without Hekate. However, it would never boot the CFW. Yes, Atmosphere was updated to the latest version

Restored my 4.2.0 backup, still at 5 fuses burnt. Had to wipe my SD because no exFat support on that FW, but I am just happy all my fuses are intact!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...