Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
picfu2.png

"Wii owners can look forward to some slightly-more-adequate web browsing real soon now if this rumored upgrade to Opera is on the money.

Version 2.0 - as revealed to GameReactor - will feature a new button layout for the virtual navigation bar and will be Wii Speak compatible. Users will be able to use a built-in mail client to access their Wii Mail. Tabbed browsing will be supported by a floating 'tab cube' that will show thumbnails of up to 6 open tabs.

The browser should be available for 500 Wii Points, but existing owners should be able to get a free upgrade once the app is released in December."

Source

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've only used my opera browser once. :|
Maybe the reason is why should you use it when you got one on your pc, all wii owners have pcs. =_="

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Personally, I don't see this useful, but I know one of my best friends will find this to be a gift from the heavens. He broke his computer, and his parents surprisingly don't want to buy him another one, so the only way to browse the internet for him is to use his Wii.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
handy to have for basic stuff , but im happy with the original one for what i need it for .... what i would like is a totally blank homebrew web browser that i can set one page on using a config file, but i dont know of any that do that

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see they are still updating the darn thing. I was afaird it was thrown out and forgotten for good.
Hopefully Wiicade.com will fair better this time and they'll fix their controller support.
The newest Flash version wouldn't hurt either. Cheapskates.
Hell, updatable plugins would be nice too.

Personally I use it now and then, its good for browsing on the TV and whenever all my other machines are tied up. The new features seem like a good addition.
Just wish it was released sooner.

Though it makes me wonder how a homebrew browser will look.
Could always port Firefox xD

Man I miss the Dreamcast.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
shadow1w2 said:
The newest Flash version wouldn't hurt either. Cheapskates.
I don't know where you get your misinformation, but the Adobe Flash SDK made available to developers on any nonstandard system (that is, as opposed to PC or Mac platforms) only supports up to version 7. It's neither Nintendo nor Opera's fault, but Adobe's for not making higher versions available for embedded systems.

EDIT: If you want to read that from an official source, haavard works in the QA department over at Opera, and he wrote this blog on the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo