Homebrew RELEASE Updated Firmware Dumper

ThePanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my SysNAND to v13.1.0. I then switch over to Atmosphere (EmuNAND) and launch Firmware Dumper. I dumped my firmware and go into Day Break to install. Before install I noticed that Day Break is saying that the firmware it loaded from the Firmware Dumper folder on my microSD is version 13.0.0. Even though my SysNAND is 13.1.0 and I dumped after the update.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I updated my SysNAND to v13.1.0. I then switch over to Atmosphere (EmuNAND) and launch Firmware Dumper. I dumped my firmware and go into Day Break to install. Before install I noticed that Day Break is saying that the firmware it loaded from the Firmware Dumper folder on my microSD is version 13.0.0. Even though my SysNAND is 13.1.0 and I dumped after the update.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks!
You basically answered your own question - you updated SYSNAND, then you dumped your EMUNAND.

Boot into Sysnand from Atmosphere - then dump the firmware, then you can boot into emunand and update that with the dump you made from sysnand.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As per the title, this is a modded firmware dumper that is able to get a firmware dump from your switch nand and the dump should be compatible with Daybreak or ChoiDujourNX.

I got the original code from here: https://github.com/J-D-K/biggestDump

It's been heavily modded from the git page though and is now compatible with the latest AtmosphereNX and SXOS. Tested on firmware from 9.xx to 12.0.1.

Enjoy.

Oktnc9Z.jpg

Github Page added:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/Switch-Firmware-Dumper
Thank you.

ThePanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You basically answered your own question - you updated SYSNAND, then you dumped your EMUNAND.

Boot into Sysnand from Atmosphere - then dump the firmware, then you can boot into emunand and update that with the dump you made from sysnand.

I think its safe to say I do not fully understand how this all works. HAHA I got it to work now. Thanks for being patient and poinitng me in the right direction.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I think its safe to say I do not fully understand how this all works. HAHA I got it to work now. Thanks for being patient and poinitng me in the right direction.
Let me give you some advice, unless you want to go online to play from Sysnand - you are probably just better having a clean emunand handy for updates and keep sysnand from updating, you can upgrade and downgrade that and get updates as well and dump them. Personally my emunand is still on 11.0.0 and my emunand that I use daily is on 11.0.0, I also have a file based emunand which is only about 1GB, I use that for getting updates from Ninty and dump them while required.
Probably there's an easier way to get updates from ninty servers with some homebrew app - but I don't know if one exists.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't recommend that as depending on their setup they could be risking a ban.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This homebrew has issues in it's algorithm. First: renaming to cnmt.nca by file size, not by file type is an error. Second: just delete placeholders is not enough. Update task also should be cancelled.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
This homebrew has issues in it's algorithm. First: renaming to cnmt.nca by file size, not by file type is an error. Second: just delete placeholders is not enough. Update task also should be cancelled.
Put a pull request, with your code mods on gihub and I'll have a look.

Reactions: peteruk

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nah. I am too lazy to to your job.
Why even bother posting then? It's working fine for now and has been for a long time so I am not in a rush to add your suggestion. If you bother to look at the code I and post any mods I will have a look, but in the meantime you can use it if you want to and if you don't want to - don't!

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why even bother posting then? It's working fine for now and has been for a long time so I am not in a rush to add your suggestion. If you bother to look at the code I and post any mods I will have a look, but in the meantime you can use it if you want to and if you don't want to - don't!
Just used it - Had to reconvert file names with Daybreak NCA Converter then updated a couple switches to 13.1.0 no issues

Thank you.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Just used it - Had to reconvert file names with Daybreak NCA Converter then updated a couple switches to 13.1.0 no issues

Thank you.
It already converts the files names when it dumps them to be compatible with daybreak. There's no need to convert again.

Also FYI - if you look at address 0x200 - ALL cnmt.nca files have either this byte sequence:

9B 58 58 2C 34 81 F1 5B E4 A3 EF 45 19 6D 28 40 (most of the cnmt.nca files)
or
5D 7E A7 D0 4D 0F 78 95 65 5E 6F E7 94 62 28 E4 (1cnmt.nca file)

All other files that don't have that byte sequence at 0x200 just have the extension nca.

It would be easy to add a check for this, but it's not required really so seems like a bit of a waste of time to add it and would make dumping take longer.

Last edited by mrdude,

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It already converts the files names when it dumps them to be compatible with daybreak. There's no need to convert again.

Also FYI - if you look at address 0x200 - ALL cnmt.nca files have either this byte sequence:

9B 58 58 2C 34 81 F1 5B E4 A3 EF 45 19 6D 28 40 (most of the cnmt.nca files)
or
5D 7E A7 D0 4D 0F 78 95 65 5E 6F E7 94 62 28 E4 (1cnmt.nca file)

All other files that don't have that byte sequence at 0x200 are just have the extension nca.

It would be easy to add a check for this, but it's not required really so seems like a bit of a waste of time to add it and would make dumping take longer.
Didnt do that for me or give me an option. Odd. Try it again.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs