Hacking Updated, can't load games from disc need help

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have a Wii 4.2u, followed xzxero's guide, worked perfectly... Was playing burnt games, everything was working well, there was an update downloaded, not sure what update it was. The SD Card wasn't in the Wii when the update was done, after the update, trying to launch neogamma r7 would result in a black screen, everytime. because i'ma noob i figured i'll restart from the trucha bug, and hope that it fixes the problem, so i do that, reinstall neogamma r7, load it, this time neogamma loads, but when i tell it to load a game, i get the 001 this is an unauthorized disc error. As a final attempt i WAS going to restore the nand and start from scratch again, but i don't have a GC controller. If anyone knows of a fix for this plz help. Detailed steps would be best seeing as i'm quite noobish and don't want to brick my buddy's box.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Not sure how about most of it.

I do know that you dont need a Gamecube pad to restore a NAND, you can use the buttons on the front of the Wii.

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nah i can only get so far with those buttons, i can run the test, at which point it asks me to press a+b+x+y at once, need the GC controller for that.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Microwilly said:
Have a Wii 4.2u, followed xzxero's guide, worked perfectly... Was playing burnt games, everything was working well, there was an update downloaded, not sure what update it was. The SD Card wasn't in the Wii when the update was done, after the update, trying to launch neogamma r7 would result in a black screen, everytime. because i'ma noob i figured i'll restart from the trucha bug, and hope that it fixes the problem, so i do that, reinstall neogamma r7, load it, this time neogamma loads, but when i tell it to load a game, i get the 001 this is an unauthorized disc error. As a final attempt i WAS going to restore the nand and start from scratch again, but i don't have a GC controller. If anyone knows of a fix for this plz help. Detailed steps would be best seeing as i'm quite noobish and don't want to brick my buddy's box.

4.2 does not have regionfree channels.
Is there a newer neogamma launcher?
Use app intead of wad version.

Have you tried downgrading using cIOS downgrader to 3.2u.
Then re-upgrade again if needed.

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TaxiTitan said:
Microwilly said:

4.2 does not have regionfree channels.
Is there a newer neogamma launcher?
Use app intead of wad version.

Have you tried downgrading using cIOS downgrader to 3.2u.
Then re-upgrade again if needed.

I'm not really sure what ya mean by 4.2 doesn't have region channels, again i'ma noob here, i do know that the games i been trying to load have worked in this Wii before the update.
i do believe there's a neogamma r8 i've seen floating around, but i've tried a few different versions of neogamma, i've tried the wad r7, and r6 and the one that goes in apps r7.

As for trying to downgrade the cIOS downgrader to 3.2u i have not tried this, i have however read in forums on this site that doing so could result in a brick.if you would be so kind to confirm that this will not brick the system and tell me how to do so i would be more than willing to give it a shot right now. i assume i would downgrade the cIOS and then just let the wii connect to the internet for an update, and start from trucha bug again?

Sorry about my newbishness, i'm not dumb, just don't understand this stuff.

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to add to this, i'm just at a stand still right now with this Wii. Just a couple questions, if i go buy a generic GC controller will that work to load my NAND backup, also if it does, and i run the backup successfully, i assume i will have to redo the whole guide after the "creating a nand backup" point? again, i used xzxero's guide to do this originally. also this wasn't installed on boot2, will i brick this Wii trying to restore it? Thanks in advance.

ALSO... before i forget again, bootmii was installed as ios, didn't have a boot 2 option, and from what i've read, restoring a NAND through ios is risky business. Any help or suggestions at all would be appreciated, even if i could just start from scratch, which is what i'm hoping to achieve with the NAND restore.

Microwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE:

I just used hackmii to install bootmii to boot2. My question is now, can i restore the NAND backup i originally made without bricking the Wii. And if so, i assume i would have to restart the tutorial i originally used in order to get the Wii to play backup copies again? This is my ultimate goal please help as soon as possible. Thank you in advance
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night