Syntheticfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DEFINATELY new security.

I'm now looking to mod my wii, like a bunch of other people here. and i can't decide which chip to choose!.

need to be able to run NTSC-J to NTSC-U, also not to mention the new security.
frown.gif

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtmw said : Directly from to Dojo:

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.
I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

is it true?
are they planning something extra for the game or for piraters

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im giddy. I cant even think of a new type of copy protection, unless Nintendo just uses structure protection like new video DVDs.

15 days. I dont care about the game. I didn't even know it was due for release, but I wonder about that copy protection.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
It will probably have a new copy protection.. like most "big hits" have.. but protections always get cracked, so you don't need to worry about that..
The only protection I'm worried here is with the online gaming.. this game will certainly overload Nintendo servers.. I wouldn't be surprised if they started trying to ban pirates from online.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtmw said :Â Directly from to Dojo:

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.
I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

is it true?
are they planning something extra for the game or for piraters

i think it was just from a business perspective imo,
the games most likely done but all the wiis jsut been soldout after the christmas holidays...so if they're gonna launch a big game like SSBB, people who dont have a wii yet might want to pick one up...but they won't be able to buy a wii
unsure.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand, Mario Galaxys security was pretty much the only thing that could be done to detect whether it was a copy or not. Im 99% sure it will just have the same security as Mario Galaxy.

Its gonna get cracked anyway so whats the point. Id say 50- 75% of people with modded Wiis never worked out how to update there chip anyway so they went and bought galaxy..

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
no doubt it'll have protection but there'd be no way of telling really. The majority of us have updated chips so the protection will be useless...unless they add new protection which will only get cracked.

Hell any1 else had the thought that the protection to stop the backup being played doesnt matter cos we could all go and support nintendo and buy the game? We could all help put an extra 250-500k in the pockets of these devolpers that they could spend on devolping other amazing titles

p.s. my spelling sucks, i think i mean developers and develop
tongue.gif

CamaroShifter88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can almost ASSURE you that there'll be some sort of protection on ssbb. Look at it like this.. if they'd delay the game's launch simply because they wanted a perfect time for the launch, that'd get maximum sales (why they didn't launch it their normal time with Galaxy), then you know that such a big delay means the launch is important to them. I mean, it's expected to be game of the year, and hands-down game of the year for the Wii. Why have a potential game of the year have such an easy loophole for pirates?

On another note though, I really doubt that this last delay is for putting security on it, and it's not for adding other fun stuff in the game either. I only see 2 possible explanations for their latest delay (keep in mind that the US launch was moved a month back, while Japan's launch was moved back a week):
1) They're adding stuff to the US version that won't be on Japanese version (maybe they had technicals with licensing mumbojumbo w/ Japan).
2) They're dealing with translation issues, and with Nintendo being a Japanese company, they have a much easier time with a Japanese game, rather than translating it to US English.

I doubt (1) is feasible, as it's never happened before with ssb (besides trophies :/), that would anger a lot of Japanese kids, and they'd compensate for the lack of extras in some way. Also, I'm sure the game has been completed for SOME time now, and the only tweaks they may be doing is minuscule stuff like new stickers or trophies 'till launch. No fun new characters or stages. Hopefully new items
biggrin.gif

(2) sounds feasible, as it WOULD naturally take long w/ translating for US English. Besides, I doubt they're doing anything to Japanese version for the delay. They just.. figured having only one version get delayed would be RACIST, so they delayed them both.. with different time-frames :/

MY POINT IS.. that I strongly doubt this delay, and none of the previous delays as well, were intended to be there b/c they are adding security, or the release time for the Japanese version and US version would have the same delay time frame. This is not to say that they didn't work on the security a bit extra with the given time, but why would they gamble and work on security only b/c they have nothing else to improve on, with such a potentially big game?

...and I doubt anyone's going to be reading all of that xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: