Hacking update USB Loader GX channel?

NintendoLover64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have USB Loader GX installed as a channel and im wondering if you can update it?

i tried updating it first but it said: path not found or something.
then i put the needed folder into apps/USB Loader/everything, then i tried again but this time i just got a code dump....
then i tried booting the dol file and yay updated to rev 700 something, but guess what, only the dol was updated but not the channel!

damn it
dry.gif

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tell you the truth, best method would be to run Loader GX from the SD card slot. I would uninstall the current channel and the files you have off your Wii. Then get the newest rev 709 and put it in your /apps of the SD card. Install the forwarder channel and this will give you the flexibility to update Revs as they are developed.

As you can see your current method is a hassle and not always easy to manipulate and change.

good luck.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on which revision you are currently on, you should be able to update your channel via wifi using the loaders update function. Please disregard the response telling you that the channel is a hassle as at this point, it is not any different as far as updating goes. If you ever need to revert to a previous channel, simply install the older one right over the current one.

The server has been up-to-date at revision 713 for nearly a week now. If you are having trouble updating you can find both the dols for the Homebrew Channel and the channel wads in the "0ld8oy's Files" link in my signature. Once you install the version you prefer (dol or channel), you will be able to update without issue. The forwarder wad is also available in the dol folder on my page.

Here is the official readmii for USB Loader GX. The answer to just about every question is in there.

Also, due to the changes you made to your settings, you will need to delete all of your config files to ensure that there are no conflicts between them. Start Fresh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-