Update to 4.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cucho565, Feb 15, 2011.

Feb 15, 2011

Update to 4.3 by cucho565 at 6:42 AM (760 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. cucho565
    OP

Newcomer cucho565 Member

Mexico
    Hi guys, is there a way to update in a safe mode a wii currently with 4.2u already moded to a 4.3u, because what i was thinking is running the official updated and after that run again the Complete Softmod Guide due to i'm having some isues with IOS 258 for some homebrews, it is safe to do it and is it worth it? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
    There ya go.

Or, just don't update... there is absolutely NOTHING to be gained from 4.3 that 4.2 doesn't have. 4.2 and 4.3 were anti-homebrew updates; nothing more, nothing less. If you need updated IOSes, look for them in ModMii. If you need to update WSC and get the most up to date IOS for it, well, you can still use ModMii. And if you want, for some reason, to update to 4.3, then ModMii can still do that.

So use ModMii. Safe? If you do it the right way, yeah. Worth it? Not in the slightest. In fact, I failed to mention - with 4.3, you LOSE the capability to use BannerBomb, restricting you to only disk-based exploits (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, Bathax, Return of the Jodi (did I get those all right? XD)).

3. cucho565
    OP

Newcomer cucho565 Member

Mexico
    Thank you, i will take a look in the ModMii due to not familiar with that, appreciate.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Agree for the most part. There is IOS58 (OMG! USB2 supportzzz)...but it's far better to just install that with this program (or with modmii) than by officially updating.