236 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

259 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

50 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. 792 voter(s)
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

"I illegally acquired a company's games and they banned me for it, THE JEWISH BIG COMPANYS11111"

I'm not getting into an argument with you, I just want you to realize what you are saying

demounit likes this.
  2. AndreCasarini

AndreCasarini Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Don't know if this was mentioned by anyone already, but to add to the discussion.
    I'm from brazil, and I'm on a MH Whatsapp group, in the group some people that never used any CFW(some don't even know what it is), were playing on their cartridges, not on e-shop games, also got banned.

3. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So here's a question: when online banned, does that only block you from actually gaming online or does it prevent you from getting in-game DLC too? If it is the former I can live with it. The latter would suck though.

4. CortexVacua

CortexVacua Member
    Newcomer

Swaziland
    Because if you can edit saves, your console is modified and is able to cheat and pirate games. Seeing how they have the right to ban you for whatever they want it is a clever move on their part to avoid further risks/damages.

5. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    So the big bad company forced you to hack your 3DS just so you go against the rules you agreed on?? They are really mean...

6. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Region-locking originally came about because of contracts. Certain works may only be licensed to be used in certain countries.

7. windwakemeupinside

windwakemeupinside Resident Gost

United States
    Not banned yet and I have done pretty much everything possible with it (save managers, freeshop, injected ROMS, NTR CFW, exc.) I guess time will tell if I've missed the banwave. I haven't been going on Nintendo's servers (playing online) in a long time, so maybe that's it? Who knows!

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

United States
    I think he just means that no one wants to pay money for a product and then be regulated on how they use it, within "legal" means of course. They don't take your car when you run a stop sign just because you could do it again.... So yes, IMO Nintendo is a shitty company for not at the least saying, "Hey you used illegal software, we're banning you for a bit to get your shit together. See you in 30 days on an unmodified system". Then they wouldn't get 100 pages of hate. It's a piss poor way to treat customers, legality/ToS be damned.

9. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja Listening to a song ad nauseam

United Kingdom
  10. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    So obviously just having your system modified isn't the reason as I have two modified consoles(B9S). One is a 2DS and my other is a N3DSXL, neither is banned. Both are connected to the internet, friends list works, browser works, eShop works. No error codes.

Do I have to play games online or something in order for them to know? Because that's one thing I don't do.

11. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    If I have the freedom to do whatever I want with my system then I will. I'm not going to bend over to Nintendo.

12. PluckyJokerhead

Newcomer

Just got banned. Only thing that I can think of that triggered it was having Pokemon. Spotpass data sending bs was off, haven't played online in like 2 years, etc.

13. demounit

demounit GBAtemp Regular

and then they have the freedom to ban you. please go away.

Deleted User likes this.
  14. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I decided YOLO and went online on my N3DS.... NOT BANNED :toot::toot::toot:

My O3DS was banned tho, and that had spotpass on and the feature to let friends see what I am playing on, my N3DS did not.

15. The Stormcloak Lion

Newcomer

United States
    I got a 002-0102 error, so yeah, I am banned.

I can still access the eShop, Miiverse, and, all that stuff, but, so far, I can't play online.

No huge loss for me, anyway. I hate playing online, anyway.

I have been using NTR, installing .CIAs, my New 3ds is 11.4 with b9s, I used nothing but single-player cheats.

I also have Hyrule Warriors Legends and other Nintendo Network games, but, unless anything else substantial happens, I am hardly bothered.

Look, while Nintendo is perfectly within legal bounds to protect their IPs and consoles, they are going to make even some legit users rebel against this Draconian overseeing of their overall ecosystem, and, if they keep fanning the flames, in the long run, they better anticipate a world of panic, especially when I want to buy their games and systems.

Sometimes, I feel the executives at the Big N are children in grown up bodies, just like Donald Trump.

16. LunarD3ATH

LunarD3ATH Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You're really not making a good case for yourself. The fact of the matter is, this is how the world operates. If you can't handle a potential ban from online services without crying bloody murder, you must have some serious issues dealing with your local government.

Plain and simple: Nintendo can and HAS done this. Complaining to others here changes nothing. Your moral stance on Nintendo's actions change nothing. Your comments on this forum change nothing. The only way you can effect change is to hire yourself a lawyer and get cracking some books.

No one here likes that Nintendo has done this. Pretty sure 99% of everyone on this post has CFW'd their system, for starters. That doesn't mean we're oblivious to reality, though. We see things how they are. You need to face facts.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  17. pharredd

pharredd Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but according to this video it's linked to spotpass being on

how true is this?

18. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    I'm not talking about piracy.

I'd argue that this is different, if I came to a competitive game of smash or pokemon with a modified system Nintendo would be completely justified, but if I just modified it for myself and never used it competitively I'd argue it to be fine.

Last post, goodbye.

19. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    my brothers system was banned. his setup was identical to mine (bootstrap and luma), however he had FE running since yesterday, i had just downloaded it and started it up once.
    im not banned (yet).
    i guess at least some spotpass was on on both our consoles for the last months and i had sending info option on too.

two more systems that have not been used for a while apart from updating to bootstrap, have not yet been banned. they, however, also dont have nnids on them at all. (they're old backup systems)

i mean, i'm not surprised, spotpass is sending out if you're using stuff like fbi and freeshop to other people and if nintendo has any access to the data they should be able to see what system has ever sent a nonauthorized game icon or game name

gonna check if mine gets banned eventually. not really all that hung up about it, specially since i rarely ever played online anyway. oh well

Last edited by Clydefrosch, May 25, 2017
  20. CortexVacua

CortexVacua Member
    Newcomer

Swaziland
    No one is taking your freedom away dude. They are taking away your access to THEIR SERVICES bc they don't want you to be able to cheat or pirate. Crying over this is pathetic. You argue about it like you are entitled to be able to play on THEIR SERVERS.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE