235 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

259 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

50 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. 791 voter(s)
  1. evilmart15

evilmart15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    There is any topic about "seed" that I can access and learn? I am completely don't know about this seed hahaha, much sorry. Many thanks!

2. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Germany
    The seed is a file in your SysNAND that gets banned if you get a console ban. It's easily replacable with GM9.

There is not that much to learn. Your seed is registered in the servers within the manufacturing process. Everyone has a different seed because if two people have the same seed they both would get banned if one of them fucked up.

TLDR: If you use a public seed you can get banned if another user fucks up but its safer than using your own seed that you could use for emergencies.

evilmart15 likes this.
  3. evilmart15

evilmart15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Done. I have replaced my seed with public seed so, if I get banned I just replace It with my genuine seed right? and If I want to use another seed where should I get one because from the website that you gave me It has only one seed to download.
    Other question: Can I use this method on my another 3ds as well?

btw. I have downloaded the public seed from this website https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3_K44gl1qVeDBIbEI3TzNUeTg/view That's alright?

Last edited by evilmart15, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Zekamon

Germany
    Yes you can replace it with your own seed if the public one goes down and yes you can use the public seed on many 3DSs. You can even use your own seed on your second 3DS if it's seed goes down also. But you know: The more 3DSs use one single seed the bigger chance there is getting banned but you should be safe right now if the banwave was just Nintys way of scaring people.

evilmart15 likes this.
  5. evilmart15

evilmart15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    ok, right now is like, everybody shares this seed right now right? so, if this seed got banned somebody needs to upload the new seed, am I right?

BTW, Thank you so much on these information You are my savior hahaha

Zekamon likes this.
  6. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Still not banned been checking every so often N3DS 11.4 B9S luma 8.1. I don't have any 'friends' anyway, and I took the advice of doing what was suggested like turning spotpass off etc. Don't have NNID either

7. Zekamon

Germany
    Yes if somebody has a spare 3DS and are willing to share their seed with others you will hear it somewhere eventually. You should join some 3DS Homebrew Discord Servers so you don't miss these stuffs.

Also no problem!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It seems like people without a linked NNID are not affected of bans.

evilmart15 likes this.
  8. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This is possibility paranoia speaking, but what if that maintenance a few days ago could have been Nintendo collecting data regarding what consoles are connected to which NNIDs?
    And then, possibly Nintendo could make this potential upcoming ban all the more severe by also banning Wii Us and Switches that are connected to a hacked 3DS?
    Though I really hope not... I definitely don't want to get banned on all 3 consoles... And like I said earlier, the last banning kinda stopped all my 3DS homebrew usage, I only still have it on my console because the friend who put it on there for me in the first place said I may as well keep it "just in case"

Last edited by MollyChan, Jul 1, 2017
  9. gonzohat

gonzohat Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    My thought is and I could be wrong.Ninty has been collecting info for a while on hacked systems. So the more recent the hack the less likely the ban. I hacked mine a month before the ban am on 11.3 and never went online/kept wifi off after hacking. I'm not banned "yet" but even if I am in the future it's fair game broke tos so not a big deal in my opinion. I did have sharing on with Nintendo but was only online for maybe 10 min with hacked console I think they need time to collect data. I've since went online to update games still no ban.

10. SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    lol dude it's not a movie. It doesn't take any time to send whatever metadata that your system is sharing with Nintendo. Any system that checks in with the servers would send all relevant information in a matter of moments, so if that's what they're using to select consoles to ban, it doesn't matter if it was 10 minutes or 10 hours. It could have been 10 seconds and that would have been plenty of time unless maybe you're on dial-up somehow.

Last edited by SomebodyElse, Jul 2, 2017
    Zekamon and nitroBW like this.
  11. TsUnDeReAznGuY

TsUnDeReAznGuY Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    3 of my 3dses still not ban (yet). 2 USA and 1 Jpn. So maybe the banwave is over for now.

12. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The banwave was over since last may, since it only really lasted a week
    The current concern is, due to the current Pokemon Tournament (the first banwave was assumed to be in response to hackers entering the first Pokemon Tournament), and the fact that Nintendo has 3DS ONLY server maintenance scheduled RIGHT AFTER the current tournament ends (so, later today), that there may be a second banwave

nitroBW likes this.
  13. TsUnDeReAznGuY

TsUnDeReAznGuY Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ahh okay thanks for letting me know.

14. gonzohat

gonzohat Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Actually the only time it was online was accessing hacks not Nintendo servers. Then sharing got turned off with the banwave ok nvmd.

15. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Germany
    Anytime you are accessing the internet with your device, it automatically connects with Nintendo's servers. So unless you are using a black/whitelist, there is a chance of you being in their logs :s

16. DatakadjrBkajsbr

Newcomer

Short question:
    Does it make sense to use public LocalFriendCodeSeedB and if needed recovery stock unbanned genuine on?

Last edited by DatakadjrBkajsbr, Jul 2, 2017
  17. Zekamon

Germany
    Yes it does make sense since you can save your own Seed. If you get banned with the public seed you don't actually lose anything. I just saved my genuine one and replaced it with the public one just in case.

18. Darklys

Darklys Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland

This:
    And this

19. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    The next banwave could not be the same to the original, people sharing the same seed could get a hyperban, something currently cannot be fixed, better stay with the original seed in my opinion

20. Plushie

Plushie Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Is there a way to find out if my friendseedcode is banned without going online and risk Nintendo finding out I have been naughty?
    Because that's my catch 22 at the moment...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE