UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chary, May 25, 2017.

?
  1. Have you ever used a save editor?

235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greece
    checked EMUNAND and system is up to date

2. delete12345

delete12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Should we stop posting here, because we now know what may cause the ban, how to reduce the likelihood of getting banned, and what else to do from here on out?

3. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2014
    Australia
    Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
    I think this Nintendo online server maintenance is going to be adding in some bots or something to auto-detect and ban users that used applications in the past in those server logs that are not whitelisted by Nintendo's online gaming server.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario, May 31, 2017
    Suji_Pyo likes this.
  4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Well those things still aren't concrete and with the upcoming maintenance approaching seems like this thread will be poppin again in no time.

5. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2014
    Australia
    Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
    Gosh, I'd be devastated if I just saw the entire modding community being banned from Nintendo's online gaming servers. I can't help but have this feeling that it's going to happen after this server maintenance.

6. Trojaner

Trojaner GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    Australia
    Moon
    good that i don´t need online gaming ... i have enough fun offline with my hacked :yay3ds:... but respect for Nine, they learnt many new since the Wii :rofl2:

Last edited by Trojaner, May 31, 2017
  7. Goloki

Goloki Proud TX Suporter... LOL!

Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    Reposting this from a few pages back. Can I get a confirmation on this?

8. suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2016
    Brazil
    ^Still wondering about it...

9. Ooka

Ooka Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    They have processes, they don't just see it and immediately ban people. I'm sure it was brought up at some internal meeting and will be dealt with in the (near) future.

SomecallmeBerto likes this.
  10. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 19, 2015
    There's a Pokémon tournament coming with a few megastones as a gift for everyone who does at least three battles. One of those is the valued Gardevoirite.

I can see them banning all the new and known public seeds then.

pandavova, jamezfat and KingArthurVI like this.
  11. delete12345

delete12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Taipei, Taiwan
    It's like they know how to bait people in. Nice.

Suji_Pyo, pandavova and jamezfat like this.
  12. Grifnelle

Grifnelle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2016
    United States
    But if you have CFW, and connecting you is gonna get you banned, why not just cheat it in...

13. Ferreous

Ferreous Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    United States
    If that's the case then I could try to upload my files somewhere if anyone is interested. I dunno where that's stored at though. ;>_> (a friend gave me his seed (giggity) so I was able to unban myself and get the DLC) (Yes I know he wasted it, but he gave it to another friend of mine too.)

-
    I read a few pages back where people were missing DLC and stuff after being banned.. Did anything else come of that? I'm missing a few files myself. Breath of Fire 1 and 2 (from freeshop) and a VC inject of Phantasy Star 1.

Last edited by Ferreous, May 31, 2017
  14. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Apr 18, 2015
    Argentina
    I'll post a video showing the update I'm getting later on, I already rejected it once so I guess it's not gonna bother me for the next couple of hours...

15. Ooka

Ooka Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    Um, that's one game, with limited people that will probably participate, and as was mentioned those people can just hack one in. If it does happen at that point, I would say it's just coincidence.

Last edited by Ooka, May 31, 2017
  16. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    I agree that nintendo is probably delaying the public friendseed bans until the day of the tournament.

Nintendo was figuring that once they got enough people on 11.4, the piracy would diminish a lot. the scene has tended to keep one revision behind with their piracy exploits for this reason. and they figured they could convert some pirates when they removed the hax.

But sighax changed that. we now have something they can't fix. that's what caused the crackdown. they knew conversion is now not possible. they stopped hardmod in 11.3 but now it's back with sighax, and they are helpless.

Alex1234, KytuzuEX, MushGuy and 6 others like this.
  17. suzsuzuki

suzsuzuki GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2016
    Brazil
    @Osakasan when will be the tournament? It's pokemon Sumo ?

18. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    So basically, a 3ds for homebrew, another 3ds for online games. I can handle that.

Ruryk likes this.
  19. Suji_Pyo

Suji_Pyo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    How did you removed cubic ninja and DP?

20. mercenary96

mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    Yes, someone at Nintendo printed out a list of all the seeds and currently they are reviewing them one by one and also looking at this thread at the same time...

No seriously, when they are really executing bans, they probably have a job running over the whole database of users, skipping thousands and thousands of user entries until it eventually finds one where it actually detects "something" and has to trigger the ban. Maybe this first wave was just a small run and they will continue . (It would also explain why some users are already banned and some not, because the job runs through the whole database and the entries are in some particular order, still all speculation though and wouldn't really explain the un-bans.) I really like the community effort here, but to be honest, I still think we now nothing for sure.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted