Update Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by toby1978, Jan 31, 2016.

1. toby1978
    OP

toby1978 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    My emunand is running RX3D 10.5.0-30U and my sysnand is running Ver. 7.2.0-17U. I am unable to load any cias from my sysnand and its telling me to re-download from the eshop and I am also being prompted to do system update! The only CIA i have on here is Mario Gold: World Tour. The game works fine on emunand! Can someone please enlighten this noob on what I should do? Also is there a way to start your 3ds right into the emunand? Thanks!!!

2. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    I'm confused as to "load any cias from my sysnand" - what are you trying to do exactly? You should not be installing things to your SysNAND. You should always ever be on EmuNAND unless you want to play DSi / GBA / DS games.

You can indeed start right into EmuNAND, check out CtrBootManager.

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Even though CtrBootManager does help (and I use it), I think the thing to look into is more menuhax than CtrBootManager.

4. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Oh yeah if he doesn't already have MenuHax then yes. I thought maybe he did.

5. toby1978
    OP

toby1978 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I can not install menuhax my old version! I do not have any of the games for this and browserhax needs a newer version. Can I update the sysnand? I want this to be able to be played by a 5 year old, so I would like it to be able to start in emunand. When I happen to go to sysnand the game shows there also but it says you need to download it again from the eshop channel. This is why i would like to start the system up right into emunand! Wish this was as easy the wii lol.

Last edited by toby1978, Feb 1, 2016
  6. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    Download HBL.cia > Go to your emunand and Install hbl.cia, from this point you have homebrew launcher (channel :P) on your emunand. From hbl you can install menuhax.
    Good luck

Edit.
    Sorry, you need to have 9.2 to use menuhax.
    I know there is a list with the 9.0 till 9.2 fw games somewhere on this site. I used SmashBros as 9.2 game.

Last edited by koffieleut, Feb 1, 2016
  7. toby1978
    OP

toby1978 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I tried that and all i get is a red screen!

8. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    Did you downloaded the starter pack and the payload from smea's site?

9. toby1978
    OP

toby1978 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I got the HB channel working now I am trying to figure out this ctrbootmanager thing.So i got it on there and I get error:Couldnt load arm9 payload. I am lost!

Last edited by toby1978, Feb 1, 2016