Hacking Update my softmodded 3.3u Wii

Bob_Barker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so im using a 3.3u (safe 3.3 update) Launch Wii with Homebrew Channel on it ive installed the one cIOS originally needed to play burned games the cIOS (or is it mIOS) needed to play burned Gamecube games and cIOS rev 10 needed to play games off of USB (recently updated to cIOS rev 14) and ive done nothing else to the system no wads no preloader or bootmii.

I want to update my Wii to 4.2 so i can get SD Card support for VC games and so i can connect to the Shop Channel and buy Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart (And if the gaming blogs are any indication Super Smash Brothers is due before years end) and a couple other games (i pirate stuff but not VC games the publishers deserve my money for making the greatness that is the Virtual console and them releasing their games to it i love the retro classics).

Now ive seen a bunch of guides that do all sorts of installs and steps and wads and keep things as simple and easy to follow as possible but im looking for something that isnt necessarily simple but really minimal, the bare minimum essentials to be able to run Wii games off USB, gamecube games off of burned disk, and emulators on the homebrew channel without having to install half a dozen IOSs and wads to get there. i dont care if i have to run games in 002 mode or alt dol loading i just want the install to be as minimal as possible and not have to install a bunch of stuff im pretty sure i dont need. Anyone have a guide like that i.e. no BootMii no Preloader no extra IOS patches ect?

When i first did the homebrew it has one TP hack install homebrew channel and install one cIOS and i could play burned games when the USB came it again was only one cIOS install. id like to be able to run a safe update and run one file and still be good to go. Is there a way to do this? All this homebrew stuff has gotten way to complicated with everyone and their dog coding their own IOSs and launcher and loader and other apps and updates its near impossible to keep up (or even get up to date) with it all.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use xzxero's simplistic mod that is sticked at the top of this forum.

There is no one click safe install that will give you everything you want.

the simlpistic mod is very easy. Just follow every step exactly and you'll end up with what you want. 4.2, SDHC support, update shop channel, and USB loading.

Bob_Barker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah his guide is simple in fact it was the first one i checked out but im not looking for simple im looking for minimal there must be a way to get there with fewer installs and steps.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not if you want 4.2, sorry.

The reason why there is so many steps is 4.2's anti piracy measures. There is no 'just nintendo update and install a couple cios' if you want to retain bootmii as boot2 and whatnot.

If you want it really simple then follow one of the older 4.0 guides, but be careful if you do that. You don't want to download any stub IOSs that brick your Wii.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob_Barker said:
Im not wanting to install BootMii if i dont have to.

Then dont... It just means you will have less brick protection but you can miss out these steps if you dont want to. It still doesnt really make it any faster to upgrade though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1