Update Confusion

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by timishu, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

Update Confusion by timishu at 5:07 PM (597 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, I really want to go to the HBC 1.0.3, just because I'm done with 1.0.1. But I'm a little confused as far as updating go. First of all, I don't know how it's going to update, apparently there's a new way....?, I've already installed DVDX, which I don't need, and I don't know if or how to install BootMii, even if I need it, considering I already have Preloader. So what exactly should I do? Update through HBC? Through SD? Through an App? I'm so lost right now.

2. wolfskers89

Newcomer wolfskers89 Member

United States
    If you download the bootmii hack it gives you the option to choose what to install... You don't even have to install bootmii you can choose HBC and DVDx or just HBC. Just follow their instructions on the screen. As far as loading it you can load the bootmii right through HBC.

Hopes that helps...

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    You need the HackMii Installer...!!! [​IMG]

4. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I went to do the update and after about 30 seconds from the HBC I got a "Download Error" Message. That's all it said. "Download Error". My network was working and everything was running fine, but I still got nothing. What's going on?

5. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    If the auto-update doesn't work just download the latest HackMii Installer from the Bootmii site and use it to install HBC 1.0.3. Don't know what could be wrong with your updating thing, though.