puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heya Tempers and Temperesses!
little questions: anyone can tell me the download size of the update 11.8 ? (updating from 11.5)

If anyone updates today, please let me know how big was the download! thanks :)

Last edited by puss2puss,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to that darth site, which hosts the 3DS firmware packages, you can get a rough estimate how big the combined size of all the update files.

For example, the n3DSXL USA region 11.7.0-40U version contains 112 *.cia that comes out to about 140 MB.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the reply :)
yeah i already checked quickly for the packed updates to compare the size but i doubt it will be the same size since it will most likely be compressed while downloading and uncompressed once its loaded to install it..
.. darn, its hard to tell how big the download will be, and i only have 350MB left until Sept7 haha..

Well, if anyone is updating today, please let me know as soon as possible how big the download is :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
thanks for the reply :)
yeah i already checked quickly for the packed updates to compare the size but i doubt it will be the same size since it will most likely be compressed while downloading and uncompressed once its loaded to install it..
.. darn, its hard to tell how big the download will be, and i only have 350MB left until Sept7 haha..

Well, if anyone is updating today, please let me know as soon as possible how big the download is :)
Updates are stored to the internal nand. You won't notice any difference.
The overall change to nand is practically nil since only pre-existing titles are being updated. Maybe a few kilobytes increase tops.

The download itself takes less than a minute.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updates are stored to the internal nand. You won't notice any difference.
The overall change to nand is practically nil since only pre-existing titles are being updated. Maybe a few kilobytes increase tops.

The download itself takes less than a minute.
hi
please read my post.. the reason why i was wondering the size, is due to internet limitation, not space on the storage device :P

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
please read my post.. the reason why i was wondering the size, is due to internet limitation, not space on the storage device :P
Ok, sorry.

After deleting my pending update on new3ds, my CTRnand went from
669.7 -> 675.7

So 6 whole MBs. And old3ds will be a little smaller since no microSD management update.
(that's from 11.7 to 11.8, but I guarantee 11.5-11.8 won't be more than 20MBs - those were even smaller than 11.8).

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: puss2puss

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sorry.

669.7 -> 675.7

So 6 whole MBs. And old3ds will be a little smaller since no microSD management update.
(that's from 11.7 to 11.8, but I guarantee 11.5-11.8 won't be more than 20MBs - those were even smaller than 11.8).
That's the difference but it doesn't account for changed files, which could conceivably have the same or smaller size but still need to download megabytes of information to patch said files.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the difference but it doesn't account for changed files, which could conceivably have the same or smaller size but still need to download megabytes of information to patch said files.
Every title that has a single changed byte has to be completely redownloaded.

Most titles are under a megabyte though. System modules are around 50-100KB apiece. System apps are about 5MBs.
It's the browser (16MBs) that's the "heavyweight" lol, but it hasn't been updated since 11.1.

Last edited by zoogie,

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, sorry.

669.7 -> 675.7

thanks for the details :)
have a good one bud!

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...