Homebrew Update 11.8 and Homebrew

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For this relief, much thanks. Time to get on with life.

I guess smea must have included some future-proofing in the 11.7 release; it was after all the first update in quite some time.

Stickerhax is working too. (I like Stickerhax; it seems to be very reliable.)

Last edited by Kwyjor,

RajinSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Because no one really uses that anymore. Rosalina's Homebrew Launcher replaced it.

You could wait on 11.7 until Smea releases his exploit. It should be soon (perhaps I read it was August 11th)
So, once Smea releases the exploit for 11.8 I can just update my 2ds to the 11.8 firmware and download the exploit?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea I won't be updating to 11.8 until I see/get a confirmation if homebrew will work
Not sure what you mean. Apparently the DSiware exploit still works, Luma still works, and *hax userland exploits still work.

I expect smea's announcement is just going to be in regards to another ARM9 exploit, i.e. an alternative to the DSiware exploit. To speculate even more wildly, I'm thinking it's going to be a bug in MicroSD Management, since that was updated in 11.8.
https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=07-30-18_08-00-40&sys=ktr

JohnsonNJohnson

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the old 3ds with 11.8 and I used to only use ninjhax to get save files for games.

This might be a stupid question but it says ninjhax works with 11.8 on the first post but when I go to ninjhax website for the qr codes it only goes up to 11.7 When I tried scanning the 11.7 qr codes it didn't work so how do we know if ninjhax is working with 11.8?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the old 3ds with 11.8 and I used to only use ninjhax to get save files for games.
At this point exploits are no longer strictly necessary just to get save files. Once you use seedminer (or gm9, one way or another) to get your movable.sed, you can use fuse-3DS to decrypt your 3DS save data. You really only need ninjahax to restore save files.

This might be a stupid question but it says ninjhax works with 11.8 on the first post but when I go to ninjhax website for the qr codes it only goes up to 11.7 When I tried scanning the 11.7 qr codes it didn't work so how do we know if ninjhax is working with 11.8?
You have the testimony of the people who have posted in this thread.

Reactions: JohnsonNJohnson

JohnsonNJohnson

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point exploits are no longer strictly necessary just to get save files. Once you use seedminer (or gm9, one way or another) to get your movable.sed, you can use fuse-3DS to decrypt your 3DS save data. You really only need ninjahax to restore save files.

You have the testimony of the people who have posted in this thread.

Thanks Twylor, I'll see if I can get around using seedminer. I wasn't doubting the fact ninjhax was working at 11.8; I was just wondering how people got the 11.8 version of ninjhax when the ninjhax website only offered upto 11.7 qr codes D:

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would seem the 11.7 QR codes are supposed to be working on 11.8. Perhaps you should try scanning them again? (Perhaps you specified 11.7.0-41 instead of 11.7.0-40?)

kokkie20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question,
Friend of me uses basehax/steelhax on the 3ds but the person is scared if it updates to 11.8 all is gone.
Can anyone confirm that there is no new payload needed or anything else that we must know before we update to 11.8?
Person needs it for the pokebank thingy from nintendo.
Thank you :)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just started homebrewing. I updated to 11.8.0-41, will payload still work if i put in 11.7.0-40?
Can anyone confirm that there is no new payload needed or anything else that we must know before we update to 11.8?
At this point there appears to be no indication that the 11.7.0-40 payload won't work under 11.8.

Person needs it for the pokebank thingy from nintendo.
I don't know what you're referring to.

kokkie20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point there appears to be no indication that the 11.7.0-40 payload won't work under 11.8.

I don't know what you're referring to.

Ok so its safe to update then i assume.
Pokebank is a thing for pokemon games ;) Where you can store pokemons in.

RajinSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wait, So I can update my 2ds To 11.8 and still be able to launch Homebrew with the same payload using SteelHax as an Entry Point?
Update: I just updated My Firmware Version to 11.8 and Homebrew still works

Last edited by RajinSlayer,

kokkie20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes... But you've never needed homebrew to use that. And if you are using homebrew, it's a little redundant. But maybe that's just my opinion.

She uses the homebrew also for other things :) But she was scared that if she updated the homebrew wouldnt work but only the pokebank worked ;)
But thanks for your reply! She updated and all owrks great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c