Homebrew Update 11.7 and Homebrew

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating won't affect the usability [of Luma], right?
upload_2018-6-28_22-16-24.png

Last edited by SCOTT0852,
D

Deleted User

Talking about dead things... wasn't A9LH already dead too?
I remember things like: "Luma won't work with A9 anymore, in order to update Luma, update to Boot9Strap"
That's why I asked.

I get it now, I was just making a valid question... for someone who's been out of the scene since "I installed a new seed and got banned"

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what about Luma3DS though!? :P lol Love ya!

:ha:

works.gif

:rofl2: ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uh-huh

I remember things like: "Luma won't work with A9 anymore, in order to update Luma, update to Boot9Strap"
That's why I asked.

I get it now, I was just making a valid question... for someone who's been out of the scene since "I installed a new seed and got banned"

Ah, here ya go. https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

:)

mpg26203

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
what if i used safehax back in 11.2 and update it? i have updated it before and it is still working on 11.6

nvm i updated it and it works perfectly

That's why I asked.

well it wont work anymore but if you used it in 11.2 like i did then it will still work

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wasn't A9LH already dead too?
No, it's still a perfectly valid ARM9 entrypoint, although sighax (B9S is just one custom kernel possible via the Sighax exploit) is superior in technical cleanliness as well as ease of installation

For another interpretation of the question, A9LH was killed with the 9.6 kernel, and that's why you need a copy of two early N3DS kernels to install it (A9LH is a secondary exploit in those kernels)

"Luma won't work with A9 anymore, in order to update Luma, update to Boot9Strap"
Yes, (newer versions of) Luma are only built for B9S; however whether a certain ARM9 program (Luma) works or not with A9LH is a separate question from whether A9LH works or not

Ramer487

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super noob question and I'm not exactly sure what I'm reading. I presently have an old 2DS at firmware 11.6.0-39U. I have Luma, FBI, and GodMode9 (idk if there's anything else you need to know about my system. So I'm tryigt to figure out if it's safe to do the system update and if so do I just do it through the regular system update?

RamsusXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOThax works? On my N3DSXL I got the ol "Error has occured".

I'm assuming it's like 11.6 and a new payload is needed.

EDIT: nvm I'm blind, the payload is there

Last edited by RamsusXIII,

MeryPrankster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to install homebrew to 3ds after the 11.7 update without using cubic ninja? Im super new to all this and having a hard time finding info since its such a new update...

MeryPrankster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What year is this? NTR boot is an unpatchable boot exploit.
As previously stated, im new to all this. Was just trying to install homebrew through soundhax on the music player app and hit a wall. Just looking for the best way to go forward. Having trouble finding the right info and i seem to be missing something

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As previously stated, im new to all this. Was just trying to install homebrew through soundhax on the music player app and hit a wall. Just looking for the best way to go forward. Having trouble finding the right info and i seem to be missing something

Here's your number one resource in researching about 3DS custom firmware:
After you read and research that whole website from top to bottom, you may want to consider what is the most appropriate approach in hacking yours.

While you may not know what this is yet, one of the most popular and cheapest (US $2) method is called seedminer. There are involved steps with friending people to help you out in getting custom firmware, but nothing impossible.

Another popular method is called ntrboot that requires a compatible DS flashcart to install CFW. The recommended flashcart to get is the R4i Gold Plus for US $20, and it's probably the best there is in playing DS games *. If spending money isn't your thing,[Perhaps ask around for local Canadian 3DS users to help you hack your 3DS if they got an ntrboot capable cart.

* By flashcart. There's a homebrew that can do DS games on SD card called DSiMenu++.

Reactions: MeryPrankster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...