Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C++, Python scripts and more
sounds like a jack of all trades/intro course, like @Shikkichu said. typically those kinds of courses are just basic concepts which alot of languages share, not too much depth. i'm 90% sure that you need C/C++ to do homebrew/hacking (at least this kind), right?

jack of all trades-like knowledge helps early on when learning how programming works, but it doesn't really concentrate on much beyond the basics.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sounds like a jack of all trades/intro course, like @Shikkichu said. typically those kinds of courses are just basic concepts which alot of languages share, not too much depth. i'm 90% sure that you need C/C++ to do homebrew/hacking (at least this kind), right?
well thats what people have been saying on skype you need to understand the C's to be able to compile stuff and form stuff like some type of hack for example. NTR Plugins

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
well thats what people have been saying on skype you need to understand the C's to be able to compile stuff and form stuff like some type of hack for example. NTR Plugins

Well finding exploits, kernel or otherwise, typically requires knowledge of assembly language programming which is quite a bit more advanced than the stuff you are doing. If you want to get into 3DS programming I would suggest starting with either writing regular usermode homebrew apps/games or helping to improve existing ones.

Reactions: TimX24968B

SJ64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unknown.png

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't even know how to program: Check

Keep dreaming, kid. :P
Hate to be that guy, but maybe have him learn on his own that he'll need a pretty good understanding of ARM and low level programming in general in order to find and implement exploits.

That being said, there is no need to put the guy down; everyone starts somewhere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah. ctrulib is a great lib for starting off. Note that even after learning C, you'll might want to learn some assembly. The 3DS is an option, but maybe something simpler and unprotected like the Raspberry Pi would be a nice option. Afaik the bootloader is incredibly straight forward and has no security. Schematics for the hardware and references for the CPU are out there too as a PDF, just google it.

You could probably compile C code directly to the right CPU architecture knowing gcc's flexibility too, though don't quote me.

Reactions: Shikkichu

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What needs to be changed? I'm busy with school during the day so I can't be on very often.
She wants an update kind of like how my thread was laid out, but got closed cause this is the "main thread" xD
So many questions can be ansered i.e. the constant "I want ntr" etc. "Is it safe" because people don't wanna run through 15+ pages to find an answer xmx

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She wants an update kind of like how my thread was laid out, but got closed cause this is the "main thread" xD
So many questions can be ansered i.e. the constant "I want ntr" etc. "Is it safe" because people don't wanna run through 15+ pages to find an answer xmx
The problem is, that kind of information tends to change so frequently that it becomes hard to keep up with. I'm already a little out of touch with the 3DS hacking scene as it is.

Alex Huynh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Old luma version?
Funny, it just that i cannot laugh because my 3ds is basiclly sh*t now, and since Gateway is still usable,still can run CIA file and such, im not planning on switching to anything else soon.

The problem is, that kind of information tends to change so frequently that it becomes hard to keep up with. I'm already a little out of touch with the 3DS hacking scene as it is.
Hi, is a "patched for gateway available? If so may i asked how do i get it and how to used it? im kinda desperate here, ppl just didnt use GW anymore and i seriously dont know what to do :(

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, it just that i cannot laugh because my 3ds is basiclly sh*t now, and since Gateway is still usable,still can run CIA file and such, im not planning on switching to anything else soon.

Hi, is a "patched for gateway available? If so may i asked how do i get it and how to used it? im kinda desperate here, ppl just didnt use GW anymore and i seriously dont know what to do :(
You're asking if a patch for GW is available? Not yet that I know of. Gateway uses closed source information, so it'll take time to update support for 11.3 if they ever do it. It's similar to the situation of RxTools, except that iteration of RxTools is now officially dead. It uses the same principles GW does and that was patched by Nintendo in 11.3 so for now you're out of luck. My suggestion, is you make a Nand dump and install Luma+A9LH on your 3DS instead. Then you can turn around and sell your GW chip as an antique online (I'm kidding of course, but someone may want a GW chip for one reason or another I suppose)

Jammyadam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I just bought one of the old 3ds xl consoles but it is already on the 11.3 software is there any way I can now home brew it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle