Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the main attack by Nintendo was targeting OOT hax, NinjaHax, and Downgrading right?
Should we expect an 11.0 backdoor for those?

dl1955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Just downgrade from 9.9

I read that downgrading from 10.6/.7 was very successful. Would you be able to tell me where to get a sysupdater to downgrade from 9.9? I can't use the sysupdater from 10.6/.7, can I? Worried about a soft brick or worse hard brick.

thank you..

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the main attack by Nintendo was targeting OOT hax, NinjaHax, and Downgrading right?
Should we expect an 11.0 backdoor for those?
We're back where we were before, pretty much. Downgrading is possible with a hardmod, but no kernel exploit. Smealum's working on a fix for oot3dhax and ninjhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read that downgrading from 10.6/.7 was very successful. Would you be able to tell me where to get a sysupdater to downgrade from 9.9? I can't use the sysupdater from 10.6/.7, can I? Worried about a soft brick or worse hard brick.

thank you..
You can use sysupdater to update to 10.7 with the 10.7 firmware files. Just make sure you have either Ninjhax or Oot3dhax

Reactions: AKA-Link77

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a backup of my 10.7 EmuNAND before updating. Don't have A9LH yet, and in case I ever want it, at least I can restore that EmuNAND backup and go from there.

dl1955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're back where we were before, pretty much. Downgrading is possible with a hardmod, but no kernel exploit. Smealum's working on a fix for oot3dhax and ninjhax

You can use sysupdater to update to 10.7 with the 10.7 firmware files. Just make sure you have either Ninjhax or Oot3dhax

I'm able to get firmware files all the way up to 10.5. Is it ok to ask where to get 10.7 or 10.6 firmware files at?

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thank you..

I have downgraded a lot of consoles (to 9.2)... most of the consoles ended up with a soft brick, but what Ive noticed is that the ones that were SB were on a native FW under 10.0. [I guess FWs under 10.0 wont downgrade very well]
I was able to boot into the (official) update screen and update to 10.7 and run OOT hax again so I can downgrade... but 11.0 patched that; updating through the official servers will put you in a HaxPrison.

So I suggest installing a 10.X .bin file then downgrade.

D

Deleted-236924

Seems like i won't be able to install A9Lh in july if I update my Emunand...looks like i'll have to choose between installing FE Fates DLC through CIAngel (I might need to update Emunand to access the game's eshop page) and A9LH...

Nothing ever prevents you from making a backup of your current 10.7 emunand, or simply just creating a new emunand later from your sysnand to downgrade it to 2.1 :/

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed, I even already have a few back ups (the earliest from February the others from march and last month). And I don't plan to update unless necessary...and make a backup beforehand...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1. Switch From RxTools to Luma3DS
Step 2. Follow the guide for arm9loaderhax
Step 3. Update through system settings.

You still need the NTR firm. Otherwise it won't work.
Yes, but that was mentioned in the OP :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny